General whats wrong

Currently reading:
General whats wrong

that ain't mine my friend - that was a google image search.

kickass - the weld is probably always going to be strong enough at the end of the day its fused metal. the bit you want the strength back in is the cross member as that is a pressed piece. take a coke can, when it has no dent you can stand on it and it won't crumple stick a dint in the side and do it and it collapses thats the best analogy i can give for the front cross member (it is quite heavy too!!)

part description £(GBP) each
5022 Bonnet Slam Panel 23.70
5023 Front Bumper Reinforcement 9.58
8040 Front Corner Lamp - Amber 9.44 ( cheap ebay here or here )
7824 Front Cross Member 28.44
5031 Headlamp - Standard Type - Single Reflector 44.22 (def get cheaper 2nd hand look on ebay here or here )
5625 Front Wing 28.98 (think you already have that)
5021 Bonnet £80.57 (maybe get cheaper on ebay some going brand new £75 delivered here or scrappy)

thats the list i can see from the pics. all these parts are brand new quality replacement parts. all this can be delivered for £276 (y)

all you need now is probably about £200 for the fitting and spraying.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
if you look at he first pictures the reason stuff might not be fitting is due to the distortion of the angle of the slam panel. those polysterne bumper blocks are meant to be horizontal. also the inner wing on closer inspection has got a huge dint in it!

DSCF00022.JPG

you now these code raptour ar they from fiat ??? or an parts place

raptor said:
that ain't mine my friend - that was a google image search.

part description £(GBP) each
5022 Bonnet Slam Panel 23.70
5023 Front Bumper Reinforcement 9.58
8040 Front Corner Lamp - Amber 9.44 ( cheap ebay here or here )
7824 Front Cross Member 28.44
5031 Headlamp - Standard Type - Single Reflector 44.22 (def get cheaper 2nd hand look on ebay here or here )
5625 Front Wing 28.98 (think you already have that)
5021 Bonnet £80.57 (maybe get cheaper on ebay some going brand new £75 delivered here or scrappy)

thats the list i can see from the pics. all these parts are brand new quality replacement parts. all this can be delivered for £276 (y)

yeah but can i have the web sites tho plus doesit delver it to birmingham ??? becouse i went into a fiat place they had all the codes that you gave me

Brindley Fiat | Stafford Road (A449) | Wolverhampton | WV10 6HT
Tel 0870 004 0040 | Fax 01902 420739 | E-mail [email protected]

all total 355.83
and there the cheapist in birmingham becouse i live on the border of wolverhampton and birmingham well birmingham mostley :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Last edited:
okay im getting a new cross meber put in and get the misses dad to do it for free :p :D
the cross member is 35.00 +vat :bang: but it will be brand new and ill get the new one two weeks time and no the plastic is not fitted to the bumper as the bumper only two bolts on it plus there are some pice where the bumper bolts go dont fit ???

Reference : 77255
Part Info : Fiat Punto 1994-1999 Front Cross Member
Model : Punto 1994-1999
Model Tip : FIAT PUNTO 1994-1999: This model has separate headlamps and indicators
In Stock :
Note : All of our parts are brand new and boxed
Price : £22.27 (£18.95 ex VAT)

Click my link, or Raptors.

I've ordered from Mick's Garage before for my bumpers, their a good service. Postage was a fiver for big bumpers!

EDIT: Looking at that big dent in the inner wing. I would get a professional panel beater to knock that back into shape if I were you. It looks like the strut bolts onto the same bit of metal as the inner wing. As Dave said earlier, you will be foreevr changing tyres as they won't wear right.

Get it jigged and everything straightened professionally. :

Last edited:
for fitting the bumper there is 2 underneath, 2 in the middle and 1 under each indicator then there is the wheel lining screws.

you still need a bumper reinforcement as that is mashed in the photo's think that just bolts in though so you can do that your self!

and you know what i nrealy didn't put that webiste up - all the effort in trying to help you out and we ain't even had a thanks. i know you don't give to receive but credit where credit is due!

col7104 said:
http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/carspe...ne=&PetrolDiesel=&Type=&MODEL=Punto 1994-1999

I got my bumpers from here. I believe you can get slam panels there too, not sure on price.

Raptor: Yeah I know, I got pics of it too, such a nice Punto! I wanted mine to look like it lol.

EDIT:
Or more specifically: http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/carspe...-1999&Year=&Engine=&PetrolDiesel=&TYPE=Panels

NOW THAT WHAT I CAN CALL A SITE WORTH GOING TO DO THE TAKE CARD :D AND HOW QUICK ARE THEY:rolleyes:

how about it now lads :D getting there took all the plastic from under neath aline it up properly putting the inder screen washer and horn on tomoz

Attachments

• DSCF0006.JPG
    DSCF0006.JPG
    305.1 KB · Views: 18
does the wing align with the bumper now looking from the damaged side?

have you checked the inner wing damage that me and dave have pointed out cos thats as serious as getting the cross member done.

more i see this car the more it looks closer to a cat B. this car needs a hell of a lot of work imho.

looking across the top edge (closest to windowscreen) of the bonnet there is some serious difference in level - have you checked the bonnet hinges are straight after the bonnet took a smashing?

yuo may as well check these bits as its only gonna hinder you when you come to put everything together as stuff won't align.

and do i see progress with the slam panel, looks like you've been busy (y)

does anyone know if kick ass is able have a new inner wing? cos i can't find a part for it?

iv been to a garage where they do MOT today and they said that even with a fitted cross member that the damage will be still the same if i still left the left side in and he has over forty years well it didnt cost me a thing the only thing was he done and charged me a tenner was put the same slam pannel back into the right persition he said i need a new bonnet he can do it for 80.00 or if i get one he will fit it for 10.00 GROVEY but he said that the radiator support doenst fit the two bolts where under neath the number plate and it wouldnt fail as the other botls sequrly fixed the bumper into persition but the radiator support will need to be replaced some time into the near future the car would pass it has had some welding done before where dave said from the fourm where he seen the seal the sealnet iv asked about it was where there was a welled and the sealent was there to make shore the rust dont get in but he doesnt know much about the 5 door punto usto the three door types that been in accedents by chaves lol :D .

but get to the point it will passed it mot even tho the left side of the bumper is closer to the wheel than it is on the right side right side has 6 inches where the left has 3 inches it will still passed the mot it doesnt obstuct the wheels and bracking all i need was the light left and the bonnet and im done

i need to do now

lights
bonnet

Then what needs to be done in documention

insurence
vic
register
log book
mot

done lol :D :p :) ;)

kick ass said:
the left side of the bumper is closer to the wheel than it is on the right side right side has 6 inches where the left has 3 inches

It's a bent as a nine bob note, no way would I drive that with my wife and kiddy in it.

Steve

so if there is basically no real damage why is it a cat C write off, if al that was needed was a a nwe bonnet and lights then that ain't really classed as beyond economical repair its probably about £150 max worth of damage!!

yeah its a cat c all right phone up VIC friday and iv asked them becouse with every cat c or above needs a vic if its recorded and it was so that cheesed me off :( but at least it will be checed over any way they wont let you go home if it un road worthy condition well.

the bumper doesnt touch the wheels its where the bumper panel has been moved back by me but i wouldnt let my kids or wife in the car if it wasnt road worthy

Back