What's the point...?

Currently reading:
What's the point...?

We went from flight to space in less than 100 years....In another 1000 (which I think the human race should just about manage) we'll be pulling out to pastures new....
no matter where we are, we will still fall victim to nature. the entire universe will collapse in an unknown but almost certain amount of time, and even if we have managed to escape the universe by that time eventually we will run out of luck. it is inevitable. in the very long run we will leave no trace at all that we ever existed, natural processes will see to that and we have no control over it.

Last edited:
1. A cure for cancer - if you found it....everyone would just say Whey no more cancer. Then die anyway.

Very disrespectful to anyone with or affected by cancer, but regardless of that, I think you would still make the history books if you found a cure.

2. A cure for AID's - I may be naive and stupid here, but surely it could die out if people just stop spreading it?

As above

3. Time travel - simply doesn't exist.

Of course it exists....We are time travelling right now....

4. Teleportation - is someones imagination, almost like saying LOTR's was a documentary.

Scientists have already teleported atoms.

5. Immortality - isn't impossible, but everyone would hate you cos the world would become boring.

If it was full of people who thought like that I guess it might....:rolleyes:

its not as easy as that sadly :(

3rd world countries etc, some people out there that want to deliberately catch it, people that want to deliberately spread it etc

Yeah you and chris backed up my thoughts in the back of my head. However, wheres the black plague or whatever it was now.

Didn't you do Physics? Time is relative to the beholder, Time travel IS possible (In theory) we just haven’t got the technology to tap into this realm of physics.

Doesn't matter though. People say that if you travel faster than the speed of light you will go back in time.....but in reality you will only be going VERY VERY VERY VERY fast

Last edited:
no matter where we are, we will still fall victim to nature. the entire universe will collapse in an unknown but almost certain amount of time, and even if we have managed to escape the universe by that time eventually we will run out of luck. it is inevitable. in the very long run we will leave no trace at all that we ever existed, natural processes will see to that and we have no control over it.

"End of the universe (ie Black hole evaporation) estimated in t-minus 1.7x 10106 years...."

Ah forget it then, I don't wanna be in the history books if it's only for that long! (n)

time travel does exist and we can already do it, but you can only speed up or slow down time. you cant go back, nor can you go forward in time unless you do it consecutively (you cant skip time).

in theory, to go back in time you'd need to go faster than the speed of light, but once you hit the speed of light time would stop and so you cant go any faster, so all you could do is stop time. obsiously since time is relative it would only stop for the person going at that speed.

Last edited:
If thats aimed at me, I'll remember that next time Im climbing off your mum (y)

Owned! :worship:

Very disrespectful to anyone with or affected by cancer, but regardless of that, I think you would still make the history books if you found a cure.

How is it disrespectful? Everyone is somehow affected by cancer. I have a 75times greater chance of getting it because I smoke and work with asbestos. Its just part of life.

I would love to know how my comment was disrespectful.

Of course it exists....We are time travelling right now....

Only one way and at a constant though. (I hope this is disrespectful :()

Scientists have already teleported atoms.

They may have done, but they don't know where they went

If it was full of people who thought like that I guess it might....:rolleyes:

Surely no1 wants to be imortal. I wanna know what the darkness is like when we die.

Last edited:
Actually...time does not exist either, its a man made thing, invented by us, like the calendar months, days of the week, etc., etc.:eek:

Last edited:
Actually...time does not exist either, its a man made thing, invented by us, like the calendar months, days of the week, etc., etc.:eek:

i agree it does not exist, except in our own perception.

if your pint glass constantly changed size and shape you couldnt say how many mm half a glass was, but you could still say if it was half full and half full would mean the same thing to everyone no matter which glass it was.

time is similar. we cant say a second is any amount of time, a second changes depending on how fast we are moving and accelerating and how much gravity we are experiencing, but no matter how long a second is it always seems the same to a human because we have a consistent appreciation of time (in the same way we have a consistent appreciation of 'half full' no matter how big the glass is).

when stationary in space, a second is significantly longer than when moving quickly on the earth's surface, but in both situations it would feel the same to a human because our appreciation of time never changes. that is why we can say a second is a second, so to us time seems to exist in a consistent measurable way.

Last edited:
time is there as its how long it takes the world to do certain things. although some of it has been made up (the figures)

p.s time travel is possible lol people have taken an atomic clock into space and brought it back and its a second different (like chris said its to do with relativity)

also if you have a powerful enough telescope you can view the 1966 world cup final:eek: providing you are far enough away(y)

I on earth to make up the numbers:eek:

My aim in life is to survive another day

When I grow up I want to be an astronaut, strap a rocket to my ass and light me up:D

Back