What's the point...?

Currently reading:
What's the point...?

No1 will remember any of us in 100years, everything that would get you in the history books has already been created/invented.

All I want is to be loved and give love :) have lots of money for a nice house and be able to afford horrifically sexy and fast cars.

Nothing else matters tbh

However, after this near death jobby, I decided, that nothing really matters only bar a couple of things

Live your dreams (I now own my own company - this was next on the list) and treat all with respect.

Life is TOO short, this I know for sure!

It still boils down to having the balls to do what you want to do though! Go on, jump in, what's the worst that can happen?(y)

So far I have achieved what I wanted and I don't think I aimed low.

I think my next big goal is to move abroad :chin:

Shorter term goal - cage fighting.

Notorious serial killers are remembered :chin:

See my short term goal... I am sure there could be a link :devil:

im here for everyone that needs me (mainly family and friends, not complete strangers) - just as i hope they are there for me (y)

do i think ive achieved my goal in life.... this is a tricky one because there are lots of different goals to achieve.... :rolleyes:. One of my main goals this year was to be who i am and not live 'in the closet anymore' - CHECK (y)

my next goal is to be there for my family as much as possible, because even though i may not be there in person - they know im there for them still, the next few months could be quite hard, but hey, we stick together as a family team and get through it :)

once man has gone everything we have made will soon follow us, leaving not one trace that we ever existed. if that isnt final enough for you, the sun will swallow the earth (unless it is otherwise destroyed first). one way or another we will be leaving without any trace.

Assuming a natural disaster doesn't destroy us....Man has the potential to colonise other galaxies, and presumably by then the 'history of man' will be contained on something akin to an ipod....So the destruction of our Solar System does not necessarily mean the destruction of our history....

Assuming a natural disaster doesn't destroy us....Man has the potential to colonise other galaxies, and presumably by then the 'history of man' will be contained on something akin to an ipod....So the destruction of our Solar System does not necessarily mean the destruction of our history....

its not impossible, but realistically we wont escape the earth soon enough to survive.
the disaster will be natural, even human nature is still nature after all.

Last edited:
No1 will remember any of us in 100years, everything that would get you in the history books has already been created/invented.

So discovering a cure for cancer, a cure for AIDS, time travel, teleportation, or immortality wouldn't get you in the history books....Bugger I'll stop my research now! :rolleyes:

Think about this, if you want to feel insignificant!

They say (who 'they are' I don't know) that we will never be able to figure out time/space travel, nor, what we are here for (if there is a reason).

Why?

Because we do not have the mental capacity to do this....

Put it this way, think about ants (millions of the little blighters - all over the world), they will never be able to figure out how to make bricks, how to make central heating, how to make a car) though I believe Italian Ants did put my Multipla together (it falls apart so easy!).

Therefore, we mere humans, will never be able to figure out what the hell is really going on or figure out what the hell it is all about....

Nice!(y)

its not impossible, but realistically we wont escape the earth soon enough to survive

We went from flight to space in less than 100 years....In another 1000 (which I think the human race should just about manage) we'll be pulling out to pastures new....

So discovering a cure for cancer, a cure for AIDS, time travel, teleportation, or immortality wouldn't get you in the history books....Bugger I'll stop my research now! :rolleyes:

1. A cure for cancer - if you found it....everyone would just say Whey no more cancer. Then die anyway.

2. A cure for AID's - I may be naive and stupid here, but surely it could die out if people just stop spreading it?

3. Time travel - simply doesn't exist.

4. Teleportation - is someones imagination, almost like saying LOTR's was a documentary.

5. Immortality - isn't impossible, but everyone would hate you cos the world would become boring.

We went from flight to space in less than 100 years....In another 1000 (which I think the human race should just about manage) we'll be pulling out to pastures new....

Yes this is true, but, comparing 'where' we will be able to travel to, to the size of the universe (does anyone really know how big this is by-the-way?) it will probably be like me taking a walk down the local park.

Even if we can get to another galaxy it will still be 'nothing'...IMO of course:rolleyes:

I had better stop now, before I get carried away with things;)

Last edited:
1. A cure for cancer - if you found it....everyone would just say Whey no more cancer. Then die anyway.
2. A cure for AID's - I may be naive and stupid here, but surely it could die out if people just stop spreading it?

Yes you’re right. Most diseases would die out if we were to stop letting people with the diseases continue to breed and stop the cross contamination with contagious disease.

3. Time travel - simply doesn't exist.

Didn't you do Physics? Time is relative to the beholder, Time travel IS possible (In theory) we just haven’t got the technology to tap into this realm of physics.

4. Teleportation - is someones imagination, almost like saying LOTR's was a documentary.

Again this has been a proven theory AND again is let down by our lack of technology. After all back in the 1800's they had the believe if you travelled above 20mph you would die from the forces exerted on the body!.

5. Immortality - isn't impossible, but everyone would hate you cos the world would become boring.

Completely correct I would want to end my own life after 100 years tbh.

surely in terms of disease... survival of the fitest? a kinda of natural "thinning of the herd"?

whats needed maybe is a way of making the death less painful?

just throwing the idea out there... wasn't saying some people deserve to die (even though some f*ckwits and chavs blatently do).

Back