What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

New nerve pain meds have knocked me on my arse
I thought the amitriptyline was bad!

I feel for you.... :hug:

Dare I ask what you're on? I've tried most things for neuropathic pain, and decided, in the end, I'd rather have the pain than the side-effects.... :(

However, Mrs h's mum is on Gabapentin; and, after a few weeks, it's working well, and the drugginess is a lot less. :cool:

Good luck.... (y)

I thought the amitriptyline was bad!

how much you on? ive been given amitriptyline for arm pain it don't seem to do naff all Dr girl told me to take 10 or 20 mg at night, arm n shoulder hurts like hell from top of neck to finger tips especially when i look up and when i want to go to sleep. its a strange sort of pain not like joint or muscle pain a bit like tendonitis pain but more spread out.

Last edited:
the new pain i got is slightly helped by Ibuprofen and co-codomol 8/500 (i don't like more than 8 makes my head fuzzy) my voltarol don't do anything for it, the Dr girl also give me Ibuprofen extra strength gel that don't do nothing either it don't seem to get absorbed into the skin either just sits on top. it might be because i cant reach the bit that pain is starting from, but i cant work out where the starting point of this one is :shrug:

i thought it was from too much mousing but havent used one all week and no change

My (extremely educated and experienced) guess is that it's probably where the nerves emerge from your neck. Something like a nerve root block of some sort may help... -- either temporarily or permanently. If you've got a pain clinic near you, they should be able to help.... :cool:

I also find codeine pretty good, but it doesn't last long. The gel won't touch it, though, because it's probably several centimetres below the skin, and pretty inaccessible.... :eek:

Discovering my fiancee can lease a a maintained, and insured swift 4x4 through work for about 90 quid more a month than she was paying on the now ailing Micra...which you'd think was good as a fallback position, however the fiesta 125 ecoboost titanium x is 80 quid more a month so I'd have the devils own job selling a slower, smaller less well equipped car to her especially as it doesn't come in purple :( I wanna fourby lol and no one mention pandas they cost a 100 quid more than swifts.

Drive a Corsa C almost everyday and its steering is pish. Not in the it needs new TRE kind of way but as in left the factory and was pish manner. Over servoed, its sensitive to the slightest input but lacks any actual sensation of directness or feel.

Not that im allowed to dislike it because it has Fuel Injection and engine management. And as smug B*st*rds the world over constantly remind me I have to forgive modern cars their crap darty steering and propensity to snap coil springs because ECUs/Fuel injection have healed the ills of the world and I won't have to cut out on a cold morning ever again!

Last edited:
Back