What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

The driver of the black Insignia TD estate who caught up with me as I was doing 42mph in a forty zone as if I were stood still, tailgated me for three miles before overtaking on a blind bend; cutting me up to avoid a head on collision with a tractor. She then proceeded to continue tailgating and cutting up other people who were following the speed limit to get to the same place I was going a mind bowing twelve seconds sooner than I did. She was an off duty Ambulance Technician. :eek:

Knowing it's her job to scrape up the mess dangerous drivers make on the roads my irony quota for today has been filled at least. :bang:

The thing that does bug me. In an emergency stop situation my Panda can brake from 60 to 0 mph is about sixty five feet (780Kg car plus driver with up-ratted brakes, wheels and tyres). Most modern cars with modern ABS, the latest tyres, computer designed chassis dynamics and various other drivers aids take over eighty feet.

The Insignia SRI TD estate we tested for three counties Police weighed 2,250Kg with just the driver when fully loaded with Police stuff was 2,614Kg. The best 60-0 brake test we got out of the was nearly a hundred feet. Even with just the driver it still took nearly eighty five feet.

I was thinking of getting a sticker made for my rear window saying...

"If you can read this I can stop in 3/4 the distance you can!"

...but if people could read they wouldn't buy Insignias.

The opportunity to pay a 75 quid insurance glass excess for driving along minding my own business. The bigger one of the two is 6 years old...the right one is new and produced cracks either side instantly...:mad: tbf it would pass an mot now...but can't see it staying that compact through winter.

Attachments

• 20130908_184310.jpg
    20130908_184310.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
The opportunity to pay a 75 quid insurance glass excess for driving along minding my own business. The bigger one of the two is 6 years old...the right one is new and produced cracks either side instantly...:mad: tbf it would pass an mot now...but can't see it staying that compact through winter.

ring a small independent and you may end up paying nothing at all or a lesser amount.

ring a small independent and you may end up paying nothing at all or a lesser amount.

Unfortunately I reckon I'm looking at a full window...the chip itself is tiny probably about 1mm wide/deep but it instantly cracked about a centimetre in each direction. So my choices are live with it and hope it passes mot as I think it just falls outside area A or new window.

Unfortunately I reckon I'm looking at a full window...the chip itself is tiny probably about 1mm wide/deep but it instantly cracked about a centimetre in each direction. So my choices are live with it and hope it passes mot as I think it just falls outside area A or new window.

independent guy charged me £130 for my EVO GP i know i could have gone through insurance But the indi guy is uber careful and takes his time

i thought you was after a full window before my last reply. my excess for using a non insurance screen guy was £90 but only had to pay £40 ;)

I've always gone through the insurance with windscreens, last one was on the 306, jan 2010, ended up having two that month (the first was faulty and fractured as well)

if you use an indi it is still paid out of windscreen cover (if you have it) but will be less excess than your policy says due to cash back deal ;)

The thing that does bug me. In an emergency stop situation my Panda can brake from 60 to 0 mph is about sixty five feet (780Kg car plus driver with up-ratted brakes, wheels and tyres). Most modern cars with modern ABS, the latest tyres, computer designed chassis dynamics and various other drivers aids take over eighty feet.

The Insignia SRI TD estate we tested for three counties Police weighed 2,250Kg with just the driver when fully loaded with Police stuff was 2,614Kg. The best 60-0 brake test we got out of the was nearly a hundred feet. Even with just the driver it still took nearly eighty five feet.

I was thinking of getting a sticker made for my rear window saying...

"If you can read this I can stop in 3/4 the distance you can!"

...but if people could read they wouldn't buy Insignias.

i've tried doing a full stop from above the national to 0
To see how my car would handle - as if i was on a motorway

In the dry using the road markers im way under 100 yards
Yet when it comes to it - i've always locked up instead, practice has meant i've managed to unlock and reapply but by then - im still scooting past 100 yards :(

Brakes are only as good as the driver and the contact on the road

Must admit tho - my partners car was EBD - my god that can stop, having the rears amped up really does help!

ziggy

Dads still in hospital, I'm 130 miles from home simply waiting to be able to pick him up and bring his car back, and know I'm going to have to try and explain this to someone who simply won't understand what I'm on about when I call work tomorrow morning to say I won't be in. Only hope he's discharged tomorrow.

I had a chip put in my screen from a lorry last week, chip was only about 2-3mm but pretty deep and 2 cracks about 1cm off in different directions. £10 later it was all fixed in the work car park.(y)

Ill try and get a picture of it later. The chip you can't really see but the cracks are still there but can't feel anything from it.

As long as it can be stabilised I don't care about getting a new window, they are coming on Wednesday to see what the score is. Thankfully it just misses the area swept by the drivers wiper so while its a small chip with a crack its less than a 10p piece size including the crack which they say is repairable so might save some cash. Just don't want it to crack properly on a cold morning or after a pothole.

mKpPeZjU.jpg

The view out of Soccer Mom tinted windows is even less when you can't be arsed to spend an extra minute clearing condensation from them. :rolleyes:

This guy drove fifteen miles of A roads, country lanes and through a town to get to work this morning and that is how his car looked when he arrived. He may as well have been wearing blinkers the whole passenger side is a massive blind spot.

I'll be doing vocal exercises and warming my throat up in preparation of cycling to work tonight.

Back