What happened to........

Currently reading:
What happened to........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way when a thread disappears another pops up like magic to replace it!

Last edited:
How would you? They get moved to a banned area where only admin can read! One minute in full view, the next gone.

It is still going strong, however ;)

Cinq was also swearing profusely, and doesn't look good on this forum!

If you were a new user to this site, say, and LL was viewable, wouldn't all that abuse potentially put you off? Moving it backstage was the thing to do, imo.

Personally, no it wouldn't put me off, plus it was unlikely to be the first thing a new user would see.

That said, I can see that some people would be put off by it and I don't know if there are any minimum age restrictions for members, although I doubt that is relevant, because very young surfers would have little interest in this place anyway.

I just think there were a lot of valid arguements and good points made and you are hiding those from people at the risk of offending a new user, which is highly unlikely to happen.

Ok i have been asked to put my point forward on whether or not I agree with this or not, I have avoided the topic since it happened for a good reason.

I actually agree with the banning for the following reason:

The thread went all wrong, nobody was actually commenting on what was said, instead just what they thought had been said, a single user in particular who made me feel upset in many ways. The major problem was cinq saying he wanted Stu to go to hell and me to be "blended" in a blender, it had too much swearing from him and rudeness, it couldn't have been left.

Exacltly. It wasn't like a single mod decided to delete it, they all talk behind the scenes and I assume it was a joint decision.

That sort of thread (not the topic, the way it went) has no need to be on this forum IMO and obviously the opinions of the mods. It was nit picking and personal and at times appalling to read.

You could even remove the so called offensive posts and lock it, there was a lot of good debate on there before it went pear shaped.

I'm not suggesting taking no action, just think the action taken was a little drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back