What happened to........

Currently reading:
What happened to........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, plus the Moderators decisions are FINAL :)

We don't just delete/ban posts at the first sign of trouble, we discuss them first, and see how they progress - in this case, I feel it was a justified move. It had also gone way OT, and became a slanging match.

The other problem with removing the thread rather than the posts is that, it opens the floodgates for people who have no great afinity with the site to go out of their way to ruin every thread until they are all banned and there is nothing to read.

I think deleting the thread was the best thing to do although I'd like to have seen if there were any responses to my final word. I think locking threads is always pointless, much better deleted in my view.

And for the record as far as I remember nobody arguing against cinqmeister's views ever used bad language. Still in my view some good has come from that thread and anyone that did read it will know what I mean.

And the mods haven't time to discuss each and every post for whether it should be allowed or not.

It went OT because 90% of the replies ignored my first post which said nothing like what people later on seemed to think it had.

BTW, I agree that the last half of the thread was a complete waste of time and I can't see why anyone would want to read it, but should the first half of the thread suffer for that.

Yep, I agree with Rich totally.

I don't believe any floodgates were opened; there seemed to be a vendetta in this case, which goes back a long way.

I think the admin people can jolly well do what they like since it's their forum, yes ideally the thread could be cut off where it starts to go wrong (where a member starts personally insulting another for no reason for example) but it might not even be possible for all I know and anyway if the thread is still there what stops people just continuing.

As for the floodgates I don't think so, I can't see how the two recent problems could be related it's just a coincidence they came up together. And other than the barries (who ruled themselves out of posting again!) Nobody new has come on here to cause trouble. As far as I can see all the troublemakers have left fingers crossed!

FYI, we can trim any posts/threads as we see fit, including splitting/merging, etc. The possibilities are endless.

As Rich said, say we had trimmed it? Then what, it would have only continued, and now there would be arguments about 'why has this thread been trimmed?' If that person wants to start a new thread, then fine - the old one is now history.

Dr_Pepper said:
As far as I can see all the troublemakers have left fingers crossed!
First of all, thanks for that, say what you think....

Secondly, I would like to apologise for any offence I may have caused in the past days, It is my character to get "passionate" when annoyed, to the point where, yes, I admit it can get OTT.

Some peoples' reactions to this however I believe was also OTT, and unnecessary, and playing up to the fact I get annoyed by doing the things that annoy me deliberately - trying to push me out. Whatever your opinion - that is my personal feeling of what happened.

Without wishing to sound childish - I was here first, and I refuse to be pushed out by petty backstabbing, since previous to certain unnamed members' arrival, the forum was a place I enjoyed coming to. To that end, my ignore list has been updated.

I am glad the thread has been deleted, and I hope that we can forgive and forget, in the knowledge that such pettiness has been locked away for the sole amusement of the moderators.

Wahoo, if I am ignored doesn't that mean I can say what I want about him?! :p

"Without wishing to sound childish - I was here first, and I refuse to be pushed out by petty backstabbing, since previous to certain unnamed members' arrival, the forum was a place I enjoyed coming to. To that end, my ignore list has been updated."

You may have been here first but people like Stu are now mods, therefore you can't tell them to go to hell.

Also you turned FF into the political debating ground that it is today by your contencious issue threads.

"I would like to apologise for any offence I may have caused in the past days" Apology may be accepted in the future, just don't do it again.

Finally I know very few people who get passioniate about Sammi saying "disco's" rather than "discos".

Oh wait, apologies, he can't have been talking about me, I joined only a month after him nearly 2 years ago.

I will say what I think and I did. I appreciate you get passionate about these things and so do I but I was being civil whilst you showered people with abuse.

Please stay I don't mind but it did get to me that I didn't see you for ages then you suddenly appeared and started an argument with Paul (who definately never said anything agressive at all let alone any so-called backstabbing). I will indeed forgive and forget, (even though isn't this the second time you told us you were leaving then came back?) just be nice please. In my view arguments are fine but personal abuse is not.

Dr_Pepper said:
I will say what I think and I did. I appreciate you get passionate about these things and so do I but I was being civil whilst you showered people with abuse.

Please stay I don't mind but it did get to me that I didn't see you for ages then you suddenly appeared and started an argument with Paul (who definately never said anything agressive at all let alone any so-called backstabbing). I will indeed forgive and forget, (even though isn't this the second time you told us you were leaving then came back?) just be nice please. In my view arguments are fine but personal abuse is not.
Understood.

Maybe backstabbing is the wrong word then - but some things were said to deliberately get up my nose, which I think is a bit out of order.

Yes it is the second time, maybe people should realise that I get worked up easily and it's not advisable to play on it...

And personal abuse is not always obvious - abusing peoples' weaknesses is just as bad, IMO.

He can't read what I am saying, this is a dream come true!

I don't think he understands that he wound people up with his first 3 posts when he returned form a few months gone were moaning about spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back