General What did you do with your Panda today?

Currently reading:
General What did you do with your Panda today?

Think it has to be done via something like MES, don't think it can be done by pressing the mileage reset whilst sticking your left index finger in your right ear and coughing - or some other such simple procedure. Sorry, I've not been paying attention, is it a diesel? If so you'll definitely need MES or dealer tool as the oil service life needs reset too (never done this on the diesel but many on here have mentioned about it and it mustn't be ignored)
Petrol, ive got the countdown to service going on, Think ive read somewhere that pressing the brake ant throttle pedals in the correct order resets it but cant find it

Petrol, ive got the countdown to service going on, Think ive read somewhere that pressing the brake ant throttle pedals in the correct order resets it but cant find it
All the 'official' info says it needs to be reset using a dealer computer (or MultiECUScan etc)... but Im sure I too have read a way where you 'face the sun on a Tuesday while walking backwards into the bath'... or something like that!

(I know yours is petrol but on the diesel, there is no way around resetting the 'oil degradation' warning - the oil change light - other than via the diagnostic socket)

Just realised this repeats info but from the previous page :). To compensate, read here;https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/service-indicator-reset.448611/

Last edited:
Dashcam & rearview cam 12" mirror installed.

Been thinking about a dashcam since purchasing the Cross but hadn't seen one which convinced me - they always seemed too bulky or expensive! Browsing the offers of the day on the big A and up popped the Wolfbox 12" dashcam/rearview cam/mirror for €135 instead of the usual €169 so decided to put some of our Christmas gift cards towards it.

Still wasn't fully convinced but decided to order and do a temporary fit, then if we didn't like it easy to return to Amazon. Before the kit arrived I researched the forums and found several excellent threads (thanks guys, as always "the truth is out there"!) which were very useful.

Installation was quite straightforward, even though the copious quantities of cable for the various components was rather overwhelming at the beginning. Gradually everything fell into place and the finished result was very little cable evident – the plan is to tuck these sections behind the trim once the hardwiring is completed.

After a week of operation and progressive tidying of the cables etc I have to say this is a very nice upgrade - easy to install, cables slide under the trim without effort, rather inconspicuous and (so far) outstanding ease of operation & screen brightness. For now it's running off the supplied 12v outlet adapter but I'm thinking to purchase the hardwire kit which includes a parking monitor module.

I haven't wired it into the Pandas reverse circuit yet, maybe when I hardwire the power supply.
1_mirror installation.jpg
2_mirror close.jpg
3_GPS sensor.jpg
4_rear cam location.jpg
5_mirror cable feeds.jpg
6_power supply cable feed 1.jpg
7_pwr supply cable feed 2.jpg
8_pwr supply cable feed 3.jpg
9_pwr supply cable feed 4.jpg
10_rear window cam instal.jpg
11_rear window wide.jpg
12_rear window cable feed.jpg
13_rear cam cable run to front.jpg
WOLFBOX 12_ G840S 1296P Dash Cam rearview mirror.jpg

Not strictly today, but somehow managed to avoid this colossal bellend pulling out on me on a fairly quick roundabout….

Was braced for the impact

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    12.4 MB
I am contemplating taking the gearchange area shrouds off my 2013 lounge..

I want to access the innards of the ECO switch

I took my 169 apart and wronte a GUIDE..

But am struggling to see an obvious way in :(

Tried ordering a used Eco switch..or surround trim, no luck :(

Discovered the ASR equipped cars have it in the RHD position I require.. so have an ASR switch heading to me.

The photos of the various trim plates make me hopeful of doing the job reasonably easily.. access wise at least.

Well where do I start, it's been a while since I've been on here, since last being on here I have brought a classic car that had been of the road for 24 years so the Panda has sort of taken a back seat recently while i've been sorting things out on that one, but the time has come to give the Panda some love back so gave it a damn good clean with a machine polish to follow when I buy a new one, also time to start looking at it for the MOT.

Well where do I start, it's been a while since I've been on here, since last being on here I have brought a classic car that had been of the road for 24 years so the Panda has sort of taken a back seat recently while i've been sorting things out on that one, but the time has come to give the Panda some love back so gave it a damn good clean with a machine polish to follow when I buy a new one, also time to start looking at it for the MOT.
Please do tell us what your new purchase is.

I bought another Classic Mini, a 1980 Austin Morris Mini 1000 with the same husband & wife owning it since 1983, with just 28k on the clock & still wearing all its original panels apart from the sills & very solid as it had been laid up in dry storage since 1999 until last month, I saw it & just had to have it 😁
Oh well done! As you can imagine, working for BL dealers back in the day, I worked on "proper Minis" nearly every day although I'm not so familiar with the very last versions with their emissions compliant engines. Not at all surprised to hear it's had sills done!

Although it's had the sills done they look to have been done properly which is a rarity, the very late ones with 12/13 inch wheels & emission compliancy don't do it for me I prefer old school carbs, 10 inch wheels etc as they should be
Yes, my 850, and later 1275 "S", was on those 10" wheels. Back in those days it was very "cool" to put them on 12" wheels but I never liked the look.

Same thing is still true today. The 169 Panda handles and rides best on 13" wheels, and IMO it looks better on them also.
Very true, majority of old Fiat's with 13" wheels rode well, 131's, Panda's, Uno's, Cinquecento's, Seicento's etc. I do sometimes think the 319 Panda's like mine would be a bit of a better car with 13's like the 169

Back