General Just found this today, bluetac fix.

Currently reading:
General Just found this today, bluetac fix.

So, I thought there was a loose thread under the fiat phone cradle, when I took the holder out of the fixing,I found
Blue tac. Ive tried searching for a diagram of the actual phone cradle where it goes into the mount, but cant find any.
I havent tried to pull/dismantle the rubber fitting on the actual mount itself, in case I make it worse.
Any ideas why a previous owner might have used blue tac, is the ‘mount’ known to break, or perhaps to stop a rattle?.

If anyone has a piccy of what a un blue tac’d dash mount looks like?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_8465.jpeg
    IMG_8465.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
In the absence of a reply from anyone who might know an answer all I can say is that I had a Cross until a few months back with this and it never rattled or anything....if anything I seem to remember it was quite tight to remove and positive to locate. I wonder if the previous owner tried to make something non standard fit? I've copied a pic from a Facebook post in case it helps but that's as much as I can contribute.😊
Screenshot_20240318-151242.png

In the absence of a reply from anyone who might know an answer all I can say is that I had a Cross until a few months back with this and it never rattled or anything....if anything I seem to remember it was quite tight to remove and positive to locate. I wonder if the previous owner tried to make something non standard fit? I've copied a pic from a Facebook post in case it helps but that's as much as I can contribute.😊View attachment 440266
You might be best to ignore that pic as I don't actually think it is the same as mine was...the socket / cover doesn't look the same as yours...here's another pic which looks more familiar apart from what's fitted and the set up. I hope I haven't muddied the water.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240318-153040.png
    Screenshot_20240318-153040.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
Is is possible you have there the dedicated Fiat TomTom dash socket (which also supplied power to that from contacts at the bottom of the socket)… but someone’s jammed the later mobile phone holder into it instead. Although they look similar they don’t (fully) interchange with each other.

My phone holder very positively clicks down into place in the dash socket and the catches lock it in, rattle free. You have to push the two side rubber buttons very hard to get it out again. I can’t see - if the dash fitting was for a phone holder, there’s a usb socket to the left. If it was intended for the TomTom, that usb socket isn’t there.

See this related thread
Post in thread 'Phone Holder update please'
https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/phone-holder-update-please.505838/post-4724469

Last edited:
Back