Technical What Car - wind noise

Currently reading:
Technical What Car - wind noise

Well, the car went in for its 24k service on Saturday and as usual (and as expected) [xx(]Arnold Clark [xx(] made a catalogue of balls ups again as follows:

1). 7 weeks after ordering a new panel for the supposed fix to the fuel sensor fault they still haven't managed to get the part in (of course they blamed Fiat - maybe they are right here but I'm not convinced). My response - give me the number of Fiat customer services and I will phone and complain to them directly.

2). Did not wash the car - I think after paying £163 for a service it's not a lot to ask for.

3). When I went in, I told them I have had to replace two tyres due to uneven wear and I explained that I understood that there is an adjustment to the subframe required and the procedure is on a Fiat technical bulletin. There response - I don't know what you're talking about sir we've never heard of this one before but we'll check anyway. Later on - you're right sir thanks for pointing this out to us. You'll need to come back next week for us to do it though. [V]

4). I complained about wind noise on the passenger side at speeds above 40 mph. Their response - there's no road about here we are allowed to drive it at 40 mph - they are all 30 mph zones. My response - take it to the bloody motorway which is 7 minutes drive away you idiot and road test it there. Their response OK - you'll need to come back next week for that.

5). Did not reset the service indicator. I went back and caught up with a technician and said "can you reset this". His response - we've shut the diagnostic machine down now as the servicing department is now closed - he was leaving for the afternoon, can you come back next week? (of course he didn't know I was coming back for warranty work, but what a bloody cheeky response when they simply didn't do what they were paid for).

6). I asked the same technician about the fuel sensor fault. His response "well when the fuel is low the car is misreading the fuel level and reporting an error (nothing like stating the obvious then eh:I) - they just do that sometimes and there's nothing you can really do." To which my response was "well you can bloody fix it, that's what you can do" and ".. they just do that sometimes is not an acceptable answer, it's a dam fault which I have a warranty to cover!" I then asked him if he knew what a clustering fualt was and he said he had never heard of it (no surprise ther TBH)

The moral of this story - don't get your car serviced at Arnold clark and expect a very good service - sorry to moan on but the list of faults and a very poor dealer network is ruining my enjoyment of the car. Once my warranty work is done I'm off to Reg Vardy.... Bar stewards [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Rant over :D:D

ps I'm definately buying the extended warranty when my 3rd year runs out - who knows what could go wrong next. [8D]

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

go cmc tell em how it is,ive given up all hope on expecting anything back from fiat,as long as it dosent break down eh thats all that matters after all the damn thing only cost me 6k[}:)]

true Andy, I supose you can't have everything. On the up side Fiat are economical motoring - you get a lot for your money :). I picked mine up for a very good price too.

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

ahh, what I meant was that they are pretty cheap to buy and you get a bit for your cash, mpg is another matter though :(:(.

But TBH I get about 34 mpg combined 50/50 town and motorway. What driving do you do to get 28 mpg?? that is very low. What engine you got??

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

1.6 same as you,surely you know by now,just short trips 2 miles here and there,ive had a few beers and feeling a bit sorry for myself;)

cmc,

I'm guessing the panel you are waiting on is the same cluster I'm waiting for. The guy on the service desk at Stoneacre told me they have another Stilo which is waiting for a cluster and it's been on back order for 5 weeks! This kinda points to either FIAT being really crap on keeping any spares available or that there is a problem with these panels that they aren't letting on about...

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

http://www.clubstilo.com

Let me know how you get on re. wind noise next week.

That extended warranty is worthless, its like the 3rd year of the warranty that comes with the car....read the exclusions its everything you can think of, seems to be anything involving a pipe or a lead.

March '04, 5 dr 1.4 Stilo Active & Sept '00, 5 dr 1.2 HLX Punto.

If my car had cost me more i'd have gone ape **** at Arnold Clark, lucky for me i also only paid about £6500 all in for a pre-reg. Remember your 3rd year of warranty is a dealer warranty, and if you bought it from Arnold Clark that means your got a warranty that isn't worth fook all! If its thing hard to get stuff replaced when FIAT are paying for it, imagine what its going to be like when Arnold Clark have to deal with it! B)

Personally after the remainder of my Fiat warranty is up i'm going to get some modding done to my Stilo, sod the dealer warranty!

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

Purple

I'm going to phone customer services tomorrow and find out a bot more about this panel and why it's taking so long. Does anyone know where I can find the details of what the 3rd year of the warranty covers? If it doesn't cover the wind noise issue I will not be happy.

Also I've just noticed that by back seat is not sliding forward or tilting over (the big bit the 60% in the 60/40 fold if you know what I mean). I am going to get this looked at as well.

I'll post an update tomorrow and let you guys know how I get on.

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

The 3rd year exclusion list seems to be every part on the car the list is massive!

Right then, not a happy customer here. I just got off the phone with the dealer. They are going to make the adjustment to the sub frame under warranty. But said that the driver’s door seal and the fact that the back seat movement has become inoperative is not covered under the 2 year warranty. I'm absolutely furious [:(!][:(!][:(!]. The second year of the warranty ran out 5 weeks ago and I foolishly) waited until the second service - due at the weekend to get it looked at. They want to charge me £105 to fix it.

So I've just called Fiat Customer services in Italy and cracked up. They have put my case to Fiat UK nad said they will get back to me in 2 - 5 days. I am absolutely raging [:(!][:(!] and feel completely cheated. I'm going to push to get this done under warranty as the issues have been there for months.

There lies a lesson for us all. Put your car in just prior to the second year warranty running out and hit it for everything - the 3rd year is absolutely useless.

an angry cmc.

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

How bad is your wind noise? Whistling? Seems if its just a slight noise of wind then that is an 'acceptable level' according to most dealers!

Originally posted by andy thrill
sorry cmc but im only gettig 28 mpg

1.6 same as you,surely you know by now,just short trips 2 miles here and there,ive had a few beers and feeling a bit sorry for myself

OMG.... that is poor for a 1.6, I'm getting 28 mpg ( I have a heavy right foot at present... something to do with the Grinability™ of the car :D ) and I have an Abarth... my 1.8 got around 34 mpg.

2.4 Abarth ( Manual ) Black ... nothing else to say really.

Hornet

the wind noise is pretty bad above 40 mph and they have conceeded it is a fault in the door seal and will fix it (unfortunately at a price seen as the car is over 2 years old now - Barstewards).

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

Just buy a door seal direct and then replace it yourself! Arnold Clark are fook wits, and there is no way they can invalidate you warranty if you were to change a door seal yourself! :I

53 plate, Stilo 3-door, Sassy grey, Alloys to follow, 1.2 Active, 5-Disc CD-Changer -- 45mpg!

how easy are they to fit? Also by the looks of it, the warranty is now pretty worthless anyways and there would be nothing to invalidate!

cmc

1.6 Dynmamic 5 door.

Back