Waves could reach 50ft as 70mph winds hit Britain.

Currently reading:
Waves could reach 50ft as 70mph winds hit Britain.

It's been quite windy here since Saturday. It's really bad at the moment, to the point where I can actually see the patio doors bowing inwards.
If my new fence gets damaged I will personally kick God's ass:mad:

Windy as a mofo here and I'm quite far inland from the coast!

got leafs and dirt blown in my eyes walking to the car :(

I'm very far inland - about 4 miles from a tree that was planted years ago to mark the centre of England, and the wind is quite scary. In fact, I bet that landmark tree has been uprooted.
So far, one of my fascia boards have been ripped off, so wind is getting into the roof space. I expect my roof to lift off and travel to a nearby village sometime soon.
Local news just said that the worst of the wind is expected to hit our region in the next two hours. This should be fun...

I'm very far inland - about 4 miles from a tree that was planted years ago to mark the centre of England, and the wind is quite scary. In fact, I bet that landmark tree has been uprooted.
So far, one of my fascia boards have been ripped off, so wind is getting into the roof space. I expect my roof to lift off and travel to a nearby village sometime soon.
Local news just said that the worst of the wind is expected to hit our region in the next two hours. This should be fun...

Hi. :wave:

I'm in Eckington, Chesterfield and it's pretty damn windy here to lol! Nothing been ripped off yet though.

And no I don't want your roof.:p

Dom

I thought Meriden was the centre of England, 60 odd miles from you ATCF.

I thought Meriden was the centre of England, 60 odd miles from you ATCF.

For centuries Meriden, to the west of Coventry, West Midlands, held the claim to be the geographical centre of England, and there has been a stone cross there commemorating the claim for at least 500 years. The justification is that the point farthest from the sea is in the vicinity of Meriden. A rival claim for the true location of the centre of England is made by the site of a tree, the Midland Oak, situated on the boundary between Lillington and Leamington Spa, Warwickshire. Similarly, the town of Haltwhistle in Northumberland (NY706640) still sports banners stating that it is the 'Centre of Britain', although depending on how it is calculated the centre can also be said to be Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire (previously in the West Riding of Yorkshire), 71 miles (114 km) to the south.

c&p

Windy as a mofo here and I'm quite far inland from the coast!

got leafs and dirt blown in my eyes walking to the car :(

as little as £2 a month could help in the fight to save those in Newton Aycliffe who have suffered from the mindless violence of leafs and dirt in the eyes.
if you can help then send you donation to [email protected]

Back