Waves could reach 50ft as 70mph winds hit Britain.

Currently reading:
Waves could reach 50ft as 70mph winds hit Britain.

The worst storms for 15 years are on the way as the tail end of a hurricane hits our shores this weekend.
Gales of up to 80mph will set in tomorrow night, prompting warnings of damage to buildings, falling trees, flooding and transport chaos.
The Met Office issued a rare near-nationwide weather alert for Monday and said there were no areas that could be ruled out.
The warning comes as the remains of Hurricane Katia, which whipped up 22ft waves off the U.S. east coast, move across the Atlantic today.
By the time Katia reaches the UK, the winds will be just below tropical storm force – the same level as those that hit New York last month.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-hit-parts-Britain-Monday.html#ixzz1XYALPReM

Glad I live in the Midlands, never seems to reach this far inland.

Im only about 40-45 miles away from the coast and winds are bad here today and have been for a couple of days. I think its strange how the winds car travel so far across the world and still be this strong. As i was typing this my window just blew wide open lol (velux one in the roof)

im not far from the beach either ( i live on a peninsular fml) but tbh wind isnt bad at all today

brb going to get my surfboard

looks like its monday it will be bad, but not where you live

2011-09-12

I'm currently about here;

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kings+Road,+Lytham+Saint+Annes,+United+Kingdom&hl=en&ll=53.746769,-3.027484&spn=0.007728,0.01929&sll=53.749383,-3.026369&sspn=0.007727,0.01929&vpsrc=0&t=m&z=16"]Kings Road, Lytham Saint Annes, United Kingdom - Google Maps[/ame]

Heading back inland tomorrow though, so should fiiiiine.

edit: oooo googlemaps embedding

Last edited:
It doesn't matter, as it won't affect the south-east, in fact it mainly just affects northerners.

Me and the Mrs did a car boot sale today. One of the things she was trying to flog was a biscuit tin full of christmas decorations. It had been really windy all day, but there was one massive gust which launched said biscuit tin and its lid through the air at incredible speed. It was hilarious watching people get peppered with silver baubles, and one bloke almost got decapitated by the lid of the biscuit tin. Made my day, that did.
Am I a bad man?

Back