General water pump

Currently reading:
General water pump

If there are no warning lights some water spray on high voltage cables. But unlikely have you done somethig different?

Noel

Hi

Ive checked the belt and all seems fine, the timing lines are still spot on aswell.

All the electrical connectors are sweet an connected correctly.

All hoses are attatched fine.

whats the best way to test the spark plug to see if they work correctly?

Firstly go through the starting procedure, then take a plug out. Is it wet or dry.

Dry suggests a fuelling issue, wet suggests an ignition issue.

To check plug, reattach it to the lead and lean it against the block, bottom end touching the block.

Get someone to turn the engine over while you watch for a spark at the plug.

It could be a crank sensor problem, so have a peek there too.

Cheers

SPD

Hi
Ive checked the belt and all seems fine, the timing lines are still spot on aswell.
quote]
You are looking aft of the cam shaft cover & under the air filter for a leak e.g. from the throtle body water hoses. If one of the little hose was blocked or kinked you might get the overheating syndrome. If they spray the plug leads the engine would misfire or stop.
Noel

I've had somebody come and check it out for me, he plugged it into the diagnostics and found that the crank position sensor was faulty.

The mechanic reckons this is why the engine wont start. I'm going to replace this and get back in touch

Would that just automatically kill the engine if that failed? for what reasons would it stop the engine wanting to start?

Would that just automatically kill the engine if that failed? for what reasons would it stop the engine wanting to start?
Yes the CAS totally critical like forgetting to put the rotor arm back.
They are delicate like hens eggs, sensor fault no spark, no start

Noel

I am getting a spark from the plugs, when we remove the plugs they are petrolly maybe then this isnt the sensor thats at fault

Hi David

I've had CAS go intermittent.

Noel

yes there is a spark and there is fuel but still no go, im going to try and see if the new sensor makes a difference in the morning, if not then im stuffed.

I'm going to fit the new sensor in the morning, is there a proper way to remove and refit the sensor, i can see it is tempting to fit a screw driver between the sensor and the flywheel but id rather do it properly to avoid any damage.

cheers

matt

The weird thing is im still getting a spark, is it possible to still get a spark if the sensor has failed?

Ok so the new crank position sensor is fitted and what a suprise it still wont start.

What else should i check

Back