Technical warning light!

Currently reading:
Technical warning light!

Quote from the Manual here (Page8):

"If the warning light (Car with Lock going through it) turns on, this means that the system is running a self test (for example for a voltage drop. At the first stop turn the ignition key to STOP(Off) and then back to MAR (On); if no faliure is detected, warning light will not come on."

"If the warning light stays on, repeat the procedure described previously leaving the key at STOP for over 30 seconds. Should the inconvenience persist, contact a Fiat Dealership."

"If the warning light stays on this means that the CODE(Immobiliser code in the key) has not been recognised. In this case the key should be moved to the STOP position and then back to MAR; if the lock continues, possibly try again with the other keys provided with the car. If it is still not possible to start the car, follow the instructions given in section "In an emergency" and then contact a Fiat Dealership."

(y)

cheers for that, light hasnt come back on so i wont worry about it anymore

not used to having warning lights, previous cars warning lights consisted of handbrake light and even that didnt work

if not then please teach me your methods of driving!!! im gettin around 350 miles out of my 1.1 active out of a tank and thats with blowers off and driving like a pensioner. although atm im on track for around 370 miles. i turned 20 last weekend so iam officially an adult, although not in mind

What Speed do you cruise at Sam?

Sounds like you may be labouring the engine, which is about the worse thing you can do to an engine. A general rule of thumb is to be over 1500rpm in any gear.

yeahthat

I'm on track to get about 480 out of my 1.2 500 from this tank so you Panda types should be getting a lot more really with your skinny tyres.

For maximum economy change up as early as possible, don't let the engine labour (keep it above 1500 as tdq says) and when you're going uphill try to keep above 2k or 2.5k and do all in your power to NOT brake. When you brake that energy will never be regained.

Back