Technical warning light!

Currently reading:
Technical warning light!

pandasam

ok right, picked up my brother from school and then set off, noticed that a warning light that usually goes out once the engine is started was still illuminated, its the amber one that has the picture of a car with a lock on it, i turned the engine off and then started it again and it turned off as normal
i tried the door locks and shutting the front two doors (whilst moving:slayer:) but it stayed on, only went off after i turned the engine off and on

whats it for? and should i worry? it hasnt come back

Mine does that occasionally. Interestingly when it does it drops out of Sport mode. Turn it off and re-start though and it goes away. I've chosen not to worry about it as it doesn't seem to make any difference in respect of driving etc.

...whats it for? and should i worry? it hasnt come back
Warning in respect of the immobilser/sensor.
Seems the "best" way to start the Panda is to, either, turn the key 'till the dash lights come on then wait for the little beggars to go out before firing up or....start the car and wait all the lights to go out before driving away. Otherwise one some or several of the things will/can/do remain lit making you feel insecure and your wallet begin to tremble resulting in various combinations of panic stopping/restarting till normality is resumed. (In my case none of the above as my EOBD is still alight and waiting it's visit to the garage to find the cause)

Mine does that occasionally. Interestingly when it does it drops out of Sport mode. Turn it off and re-start though and it goes away. I've chosen not to worry about it as it doesn't seem to make any difference in respect of driving etc.

This.

Also, seems to happen more when its warm weather.

It probably hits some sort of built-in watchdog function which resets a bunch of parameters in the ECU. Does it reset anything apart from sport mode? Trip counters etc.?

Never had it happen on my car, but it would be nice to have as much info as possible if it ever does :)

It probably hits some sort of built-in watchdog function which resets a bunch of parameters in the ECU. Does it reset anything apart from sport mode? Trip counters etc.?

Never had it happen on my car, but it would be nice to have as much info as possible if it ever does :)

Whenever it happens it just turns sport mode off. I just turn it on again and drive with the yellow light there. Nothing else seems affected. Then when I stop and re-start later it's not there and normal service is resumed.

Reckon it does it every couple of months, seems quite random.

This has happened once in my 09 Panda and scared me half to death as I was driving along the motorway when it suddenly came on! When I checked the handbook it said words to the effect that it was running a system check (I can't remember the exact wording and I haven't got the book to hand.) It has only happened the once and all seems to be well.

(In my case none of the above as my EOBD is still alight and waiting it's visit to the garage to find the cause)

Has your car been talking to mine ?

That ruddy light came on yesterday, it went out tonight after I filled up,
I'm taking the car in on Thursday afternoon for a diagnostics check.

Good luck with yours

Trev

I'm taking the car in on Thursday afternoon for a diagnostics check.

Good luck with yours

Trev

Update time,

My dealer found fault P0351 which is for coil 1,

I've had the coil checked and the code cleared, fingers crossed the fault is history and will never darken my doorstep.

Trev

I'm taking the car in on Thursday afternoon for a diagnostics check.....
Learnt my lesson with these lights, one comes on, book it in, get it checked Waiting on a coil replacment for mine now.

nope, nothing, zilch, zippo, bugga all - it just carried on without a wobble

the coil must have coughed when I was in eco mode - I did get over 420 mile out of the last tank :)

do you have a 1.3d?

if not then please teach me your methods of driving!!! im gettin around 350 miles out of my 1.1 active out of a tank and thats with blowers off and driving like a pensioner. although atm im on track for around 370 miles. i turned 20 last weekend so iam officially an adult, although not in mind

o and the light hasnt come back on, but cheers for the help guys, haveny been on for a while. been er..... doin things

i often get juddering from the engine. i dunno wether is me being a driver trying to use as little throttle as possible or the throttle position sensor being gay

i often get juddering from the engine. i dunno wether is me being a driver trying to use as little throttle as possible or the throttle position sensor being gay

Sounds like you may be labouring the engine, which is about the worse thing you can do to an engine. A general rule of thumb is to be over 1500rpm in any gear.

do you have a 1.3d?

if not then please teach me your methods of driving!!! im gettin around 350 miles out of my 1.1 active out of a tank and thats with blowers off and driving like a pensioner. although atm im on track for around 370 miles. i turned 20 last weekend so iam officially an adult, although not in mind

o and the light hasnt come back on, but cheers for the help guys, haveny been on for a while. been er..... doin things

Squirrile is a 1.2 Petrol Panda (bog standard unleaded),

I have a 43 mile trip to work and back each day, half of which is on the M25 so I cruise along at @50-60 (2,500 revs) where I try to drive with a closed throttle where possible.

You need to drive using anticipation so that you don't do any heavy braking / accelerating if you can help it (I won't mention hoofing it as I join the M23 every morning :D)

Here's my Fuelly page - http://www.fuelly.com/driver/udtrev/panda

Trev

Back