Used to love Ebay. Now I DONT!!!

Currently reading:
Used to love Ebay. Now I DONT!!!

I certainly don't like the idea that you can't ask for extra to cover if they buyer uses paypal. It's like ebay saying you can't ask for extra if the buyer decides they want the item next-day before 10am couriering. If the buyer wants something that costs more they should be willing to pay more.

It's not like its forced on you. If I buy something from an shop they're allowed to ask for 2.5% to cover their credit card usage fee, usually I'll pay by cash in those circumstances.

dave said:

I joined up a while ago, but the format is awkward, I don't like using an escrow service and a couple of niggley other things on top, put me off.
Also when I joined there were no buyers either...they have come in since, but still needs a lot of improvement for me to be able to move over.

They don't even have a category for my items :(

dave said:
you can if you like ask for all paypal payments to be from a bank account, you then dont get fees to pay

That I think only works for buyers who have registered a bank account with Ebay. A lot of people buy only, so don't have a bank account registered.

Don't forget that Ebay OWN Paypal. That's what pisses me off, that they get all the fees from the listings/ final value AND they still charge you to get the money. Every which way they charge you. :mad:

Hurry up Google and get a decent rival in place...

I have had issues with Ebay and PayPal

I have now signed my Ebay account to my other half and set up yet another new PayPal account.

I was selling Windows XP media centre edition, It was an original copy and bought by myself. Bidding was upto allmost £100, with 3 hrs to go and 25 watchers, they pulled it, because it was an OEM version!! Glad it didn't sell as I needed it for my new PC.

My biggest gripe is that I wish there was a way to turn off featured items so I can skip to the stuff ending now.

Agreee totally re. ebay fees etc.......... ebay did have competition in the form of Yahoo auctions until early 2002, yahoo auctions were totally free, ok they wouldnt get involved in disputes, but the one time i needed help from ebay, they wouldnt lift a finger, so not much difference........ i have been on ebay for close on 7 years, best payment system was ebay payments, where someone paid with their debit card, you got all the payment (may have been a 25p fee, cant remember), then they bought up paypal, and virtually killed off overnight a system called NOCHEX...... Ebay fees are i reckon 4 times what they were when i first joined up, now unless there is a decent margin in anything im planning on listing, i dont bother........Ebay need a competitor NOW..........I feel as they are incredibly greedy in their fees

jami said:
Ive been trying to sell my punto on Ebay. And to get a few more people looking at it I put 'like saxo fiesta clio' in title ( its not ;) ). With 2 days left I got a message telling me it had been with drawn due to spamming :bang: . Ive payed my listing fee, how is doing that going to heart them. Plus about 70% of cars on Ebay have titles like that anyway. It really has p***ed me off, they arent going to lose anything with me doing this :mad: So Im still stuck with this punto, no one seams interested and I dont know why because its a cracking little motor and way too good to break! Oh well rant over :(
If you wanna give your ad more attention, use the good old "Ideal 1st Car" in the title. Guaranteed sale :D

As with everything, ebay are getting greedy, it may prove to be their downfall, can't go on, people are getting sick of the scammers and shonky goods sold...

Hellcat said:
You silly sod :p Include a new ps2 mouse or cd-rom or power cable (all cost a couple of quid) and you wouldn't have been infringing the licencing laws. :eek:

I did, it was complete with a Media Remote and reciever, plus an old keyboard. As I said, glad it didn't sell, as I needed it for my new PC,(y)

Back