Technical URGENT please help

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT please help

sorted the little flame coming out of my bonnet thing :yum:

now back to the original problem. first of all does this look ok or nackered?

DSC00012.jpg
[/IMG]

and i am sure there is a blocked pipe or sumthing causing the car to cut out, where do i check, and how much is a fuel pump as i feel this might be the other problem.

cheers kris (y)

Hey,

Only just seen this thread but from what I have read my opinion is you shouldnt of even started the car if its been standing about for 1 year as it will be full of water and everything will be damp (thats if it was stored outside)

You should of got some help and had the oil fully changed with a new oil filter and a new fuel filter to start and fuel tank cleaner from Halfords and then once that was all done then fired the car up!

If the car had cut out you should of then looked at the obvious which has been posted many times, replace the spark plugs, doesnt really matter which as long as they are for the Cinquecento such as Champion EON2's or some even more basic ones, also change the HT leads.

If the car again cuts out then its obviously abit more serious for example the sensors as mentioned might be dodgy so and for it to cut out it could be the Lambda sencor which is always known to go. If its not Sensors then maybe the Throttle body is not letting enough fuel in which could be a blocked fuel pipe or even a leak in the pipes "can you smell fuel?"

Whatever the problem is I advise you to get help from a garage as it seems you are doing more damage than is needed, i.e. destorying the sump bleeding nut!

It deosnt sound major whats wrong because it still starts, I really would advise you to have a garage to have a peak, even Fiats!

Good luck

Regards

Adam

I had the same problem on my coupe recently dude.......

It would run ok on auto choke for 2-3 mines then it would try to cut out and run crap unless held at revs.

Basically i had put my air/flow meter in the wrong way which was mixing up the ecu. Is there anything like that on the car? Also, if u leave the lambda sensor in lemon juice overnight, then clean the carbon off the next day it will work fine for a while again. That will allow u to check if its that. As for other options, it could be the TPS. I personally had very simliar problems on my 106 that caused it to stall and stutter. It was the lambda sensor.

Ross

Wasnt entirely sure. The non turbo coupes have a MAP sensor (i think). Be worth checkin tho i think!!!

Ross

thanks for the advice eviljaxx but i have ionly just started to play with it and am not going to learn anything by sending it to the garage. as for making it worse i probably am but for £150 its something to practice on plus i can make most of that back by just selling the alloys as they have virtaully new pirellies on the from and nankangs on the back.

as for the sum nut thing believe me it had to be done. even the person that re tapped it found it weired not coming out.

cant smell fuel so thats a good start, have so far put on
new sparks
new ht leads
new oil fliter (plus engine flushed)
new sump plug
new fuel filter
new pads (plus fluid when i get some as it never had any)

so i do think it is either the pump or a blockage, which pipes should i check for a blockage (please remeber im a novice)?

also where is this map sensor??? had a look in haynes manual and could see it in there??

will be spending a lot of time on it in the next month as ive got to do my 3rd year project :D

cheers for the info people. it will all pay off in the end, the you can either buy it off me or eat my dust :yum:

U cleaned the lambda yet? An i would be tempted to buy it! Always wanted a little bro for the coupe!!! :D

Ross

Back