Technical URGENT please help

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT please help

I've found with sensors that u never know till u try!! :D
But the throttle position could be wrong aswell!
Ross

go to section 4. Job 5. It lists all the sensors there, throttle position sensor is also called a throttle potentionmeter.

no, cinqs do not have carbs. they are fuel injected. single point fuel injection.

ok will check in a minute, just come back from working on it, went and got some red x just to rule a blocked pipe out.

got a bit bored of tinkering with the engine so decided to put the wheel back on and drop it on the floor again.

started it up ran sweet as a nut (weird for a cinq) can hardly hear anything from the engine, give it a few revs drops back down to 1000revs no juddering or anything rev it to 6000rpm back down little judder then ok. after running it for a few minutes it cuts out eventually.

this is so weird :confused: lol any way going to go check that thing that arc suggested, thanks mate.

cheers kris (y)

Hi Kris,

Well this is certainly a saga eh! Nice one for having a go at the spanner side, it is really the only way to learn.

I'm not too clued up on Cinq's but do as much maintenance and reapirs as possible and have read a fair bit in my three years of ownership so I'm thinking it is the ECU that is duff, I know folks would think it won't be the ECU as it wouldn't even start but if there is someone near you with a mckrich ECU who is willing to pop round and swop it could either cure it or rule out an that part at least.

Just my ideas on it.

Good luck, I'll keep reading the thread to see how you get on.

Liam

Last edited:
thats for the comments bloomfield liam. will post that idea about the ecu up as people are on about having a warickshire meet soon i think.

as for having a go, you have to start some where and where better than a fiat cinq with all the problems they occur, before this didnt no how to change the radiator - do now, brakes changing - do now, just dismatled a throttle body, do a complete exhaust change. its all part of learning i guess. although very frustrating learning :bang: but all should turn well soon hopefully. if not then there will be plenty of cinq part or another 1242. we will see.

any way just broke something so got to go get some glue.lol

oh and it really is appreciated for all your help and advice.

cheers kris

if you don't manage to find anyone near with a chip and ECU, i don't mind sending you my spare ECU to test with it. It does not have a chip of any sort in it though, so you will either need to find just the chip, or swap the chip out of your current ECU.

finished for another day now. took the throttle body apart, and everything on it i could. everything seems ok (didnt know what i was looking for though) put it all back together and started fine, so that was good i had'nt fuc*ed up.

managed to get the fuel pump (is it) out. under the seats white long thing. cleaned that up got a bit of cr*p out of it. put it all back and it started so was happy there too. here are a few pics

DSC00037.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC00033.jpg
[/IMG]

next thing to try ecu?????

@ Adam - give the guy a break, if you read the entire thread surely you could gather the guy isn't too handy spanner wise yet, your comment was a bit scathing to say the least.

May I ask what comment you are referring too, id hardly say I was mocking him in anyway, I was simply pointing him to Oldschool as he has given me some excellent information in the past...

And if you are referring to me saying earlier about "doing more damage than good" I was simply pointing out that its not always wise to fix an engine on your own with little or no experiance.
I know its the only way to learn but a knowledgeable person pointing you in the right direction helps even more, as he could go to Fiat and sit with the mechanic and see what he does and get to the bottom of the problem alot faster and saving money as it would put a stop to trail and error buying!

Your doing great though bud

Regards

Adam

EvilJaxx said:
May I ask what comment you are referring too, id hardly say I was mocking him in anyway, I was simply pointing him to Oldschool as he has given me some excellent information in the past...
Adam

Sorry Adam, reading the back the thread I owe you an apology, your comments don't sound bad at all, must have been the A**hole I had in work today that put me in a bad mood. My previous post has been edited accordingly(y)

Liam

how long has the petrol been in the tank? if it was in there before you got your hands on the car drain the whole system and fill back up with fresh fuel. After petrol is a few months old it starts to deteriorate and the engine wont run very well with this in. it could be that as the engine warms up in the 2 or so minutes it runs the petrol doesn't burn as well as it does when the engine is cold.

even if the fuel did light ok outside of the engine it would be a good idea to change it.the fuel may light up ok but once it is in the engine it needs to be absolutly spot on the get the engine running properly, you could be experiancing pre-ignition once the engine warms up due to the low grade of fuel. if it has been in there since the car has been standing god only knows what could be in it. there could be water vapour or anything in there.

Back