Technical URGENT please help

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT please help

99sei said:
just a quick question off the topic off my little problem. been offere a punto 60 engine with 70k on the clock for £175 is this a good price?

cheers kris (y)

i would go with no. High price for that mileage. I got a 50k punto75 engine for £125 and a 30k Punto60 engine inc manifolds and tb (with new spare bits, sump, cambelt, tensioner, water pump, head gasket set, bolts) for £200

hmmm £200 :chin: me and my dad have been chatting about the engine conversion for a while now. do we do it and hope the car works? or get this one up and running then do it, knowing the problem has been sorted?. been playing on my mind for a whole now. i have read all the threads about it.

the 75 is a no no for me im an amatuer mechanic so dont need more hassel for my first big project, the 60 engine sounds ok though. been offered a punto 60 engine with a 75 bottom and fly wheel for £250 would this make any difference to the performance?

have also noticed that there is nothing about the new punto engines (mk1, mk2, active ect) as i want to get as low miles as possible if/when i purchase one.

99sei said:
the 75 is a no no for me im an amatuer mechanic so dont need more hassel for my first big project, the 60 engine sounds ok though. been offered a punto 60 engine with a 75 bottom and fly wheel for £250 would this make any difference to the performance?

60 and 75 bottom ends are identical I BELIEVE. If anyone knows otherwise...

No massive advantage in having a 75 or 60 Bottom end/...FYI I have that bottom end on a 60 head (Aiming for an 85 - 16v head soonish)

i no there is a fuss about the 75 fly wheel though, not too sure why? :confused: but never mind cant be arsed to do a search. think i have got some one to help me try and sort this problem now.

he is dropping his standard a little as he usually works on scoobys,evo's ect, but hay cant complain.

any one know the price of a fuel injector thats in the tank?

arseofbox said:
60 and 75 bottom ends are identical I BELIEVE. If anyone knows otherwise...

No massive advantage in having a 75 or 60 Bottom end/...FYI I have that bottom end on a 60 head (Aiming for an 85 - 16v head soonish)

Tom, you know thats wrong. I'm sure i pointed out to you why I have a 75 bottom end. On the 75, the clamps for the crank are stronger - and it has a lower resonant freq.

Punto 60 head and punto 75 bottom end is what i run. The punto75 flywheel is the same as any other. Maybe they've made a point of the flywheel because they know that there are at least two different PCDs used on the flyhweels - so they're not all interchangeable.

There is no performence advantage to using the 60 head and 75 bottom end in their stock forms.

Price of the fuel injector in the tank? Do you mean the fuel injector in the TB, or the fuel pump itself? If you mean pump, then i have one of them for sale :)

arc said:
Tom, you know thats wrong. I'm sure i pointed out to you why I have a 75 bottom end. On the 75, the clamps for the crank are stronger - and it has a lower resonant freq.

I thought that was the 16v?...you may have told me before...but odds are I may have been drunk!

I thought the 75 and 60 were the same!!

i think this is what i need. i was having a listen tonigh and it does sound starved of petrol when its about to cut out. have changed the fuel filter so now just got to try and replace this unit.

have cleaned the pump its self, so im guessing the next bet is the bits attached to it like in this link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-CINQCENTO-SEICENTO-FUEL-PUMP-USED_W0QQitemZ4604187233QQcategoryZ10382QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

have just enquired about one, but how much you looking for your incase i cant get this one??

thanks kris

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
not sure what its worth, so same price as that one? but by buying from me, you'll ensure i can eat for a bit longer, thus staying alive allowing me to give more advice :)

Where abouts are you based, might be cheaper to deliver than post it!

eat for longer what do you need to eat for???? shouldnt have time to eat.

every spare minute of every day should be spent on your car. tut tut.

how about £15 posted seen as im studying to become a teacher, and will give your kids a bad mark if you dont. :p

im based in coventry junction 3 of the m6

hmm. make it £25, and i'll deliver it for ya. (assuming its not raining tomorrow, and i can get my cv boot repaired - cos i aint taking car on motorway till thats done!)

up date on the car incase you hacent seen the thread in the general chat lounge.

got a donar car thats been modifed. runs sweet as a nut but serverly damaged (pics in the other thread) so just a case of trial and error now. will keep you all posted.

oh and will be breaking the new car soon, so will have parts avaliable. will let you know when breaking though

why would you want to do that? If the new chip still has the imobiliser enabled, then it wont start the car.

To swap it, take the ECU out. Cut the seal on the base of it, prise out the base plate and then remove the chip from the PCB - should be evident how to remove it.

got a little bored tonight so had a crack at the ecu's. cut the seals took the securing cap off, and swaped them over.

put it on the car, the code key stayed on :confused:

tried the other one (i no it wont work just to make sure) no joy as expected.

so getting dark and im getting hungry, put the original chip back in put it on the car and now the code light wont go off.

ive disconneted the battery for tonight to reset the ecu, is this common.

also wen the iginition is on i can hear a noise coming from the TB. its sort of a high pitch gulping sound. thinking if i can sort the code problem out, ill change the TB's over. then change the fuel pumps which is ment to be a B$%CH of a job.

Back