Technical URGENT please help

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT please help

right been and started the car with the fuel cap off as T14086 said and still cut out.

i have located the TDC wiggled the wiring but still cuts out :cry:

cant find the map sensor could find it in haynes either :confused:

have found the lanbar sensor on the exhaust down pipe, should i have a go at removing it as 90 of the exhaust system looks new? also it says it needs to be tighened to the right torque? :confused:

listened to the engine today and just as it was about to cut out it sparked back in to life the done the same again (went to cut out and came back into life)

cant hear anything funny but then again im not a mechanic :p

any info is much appreciated.

cheers kris

change the fuel filter. regardless of how new it looks, if the car had a new one before it was left to sit for ages - should still look at getting a new one still

spent about 5 hours on it today.

eventually managed to get the wheel nuts off to have a look at the discs and pads. is it normal to have cobwebs there.lol

so started taking the calipers off broke the bleed valve (can i buy just the nut and valve or do i have to find salaved on?)
got round to taking the pipe off expecting loads of brake fluid. no break fluid :confused:

oscotts is open tommorow so am going got get an oil and fuel filter and set of brake pads. anything else i should add to my list?

oh many thanks for your help so far (y)

STA60006.jpg
[/IMG]

STA60010.jpg
[/IMG]

STA60007.jpg

STA60008.jpg

few pics of the progress so far sorry about the size of the pics

looks nice but are the areas circled rusted holes? if they are they are a mot failure as they are near seat belt mounts. mine went in the same place on one side. just patched em up from inside the wheel arch.
STA60008.jpg

yes its a dragon its also a fountain too.

been working on the car today, changed the fuel filter tried doing an oil change but the sump plug wont release. so that is now rounded. any other ways to drain the sump?

after starting up the car it only runs for about 2 mins now rather than about 5!

any other ideas?

I would have thought so yeah. Have you tried plenty of WD40 to loosen it up? Also running the engine for a bit helps as it warms everything up and the oil will flow out quicker as it's thinner.

Hope this helps,

Nick

yeah you would need to remove the exhaust IIRC.would make a mess if you dropped the sump but its got to come out one way or another.
doing the oil you need to watch the sump key is straight into the plug as its a funny angle.

could always try to pump/syphon oil out of the dipstick tube to make the sump lighter for removal

ok thanks for the reply, will use taking the exhaust off as the last resort, think my dads gona have a go at getting it off with a hammer :chin:

i was twisting it the right way wasnt i?

have been known to do many stupid things like that before :bang:

its been stood for a year took me and my dad 30 mins to get 1 wheel off as they were that rusty, so it could well be in that tight.

working through the haynes manual isnt a bad idea, im just impacient and wana go have some fun in it

cheers kris (y)

Last edited:
ok so started it up today as i put some engine cleaner in. you have to run it for about 20 mins, which is hard seen as mine dont run for longer that 2mins lol

any way whilst trying to keep it running i noticed when it goes to cut out it i tap the accelerator a few times it sparks back in to life :confused:

also i ran it at 3000 revs for a bit and noticed the revs would drop slightly then pick up and drop again with out me moving my foot?

i managed to keep it going for about 10 minutes but as soon as i let the revs drop within 30 secs it cut out :bang:

any ideas?????

cheers kris (y)

Back