Technical URGENT please help

Currently reading:
Technical URGENT please help

This sounds like the ideal base for a 1242 project :D

The Ugly Duckling said:
Isn't it a good idea to replace the fuel filter when a car hasn't been used for a long time? You can get rust etc. in the fuel tanks, especially if the tank is low. There are a few problems you can get from not driving a car for a long time, but I'm not sure what they are, maybe this could be causing the problem?

Fuel evaporates leaving a gummy substance that can block filters injectors and pipework, yes indeedy.

Cheers

D

Just thought i would ask if you have put any new fuel in the car? I bought a car that was standing for about year and it had the same symtoms, turned out that the fuel had gone off and was no longer flammable. I drained and refilled the tank and off she went. I put a small amount of the old fuel on the bench and put a match to it and it wouldn't even light. Petrol seems to go off after a while believe it or not.

Rich.

spent most of today on it cleaning the interior, and trying to sort the engine problem out. took the injector out today and looked fine. so the problem isnt there. will have a look at the filter tommorow. is the filter under the rear seats?

oh found this wire too dont know where it should go was found behind the head light any ideas where it goes?

mystery_lead.JPG

GhostWKD said:
So if when it cuts out you have foot to floor do the revs go down with coughing and spluttering? definately sounds fuel/spark related from what you've put so far :confused:

the man took the words right out of my mouth :D

yeah thats what happens but only happens after 2-5 mins.

but will start instanly after not problems :confused:

going to check these sensors, fuel cap, and a TDC what ever that is tommorrow

TDC sensor. Its on the block, timing end of the engine. (left) At the bottom, next to the crank pulley. Its a sensor that tells the ECU when the engine is at top dead centre, which is kind of handy for doing the igintion timing!

Back