General Updating panda 4x4 alternator for spot lights

Currently reading:
General Updating panda 4x4 alternator for spot lights

hrpanoben

Hi,

I've got a 89 fiat panda 4x4. I want to run spot lights on the front but not sure if the battery/alternator would be able to handle it. Can i update the alternator to a better one from another model? Or does anyone else have some other ideas?

Cheers,
Ben.

Last edited:
Hi Ben - and welcome to the Forum.

I can't help you on updating the alternator to run spot lights, but . . . .

Manda panda sports a pair of Spotties and the original battery and alternator seem to cope okay. They've been on about 8 months and are used regulary when hacking down dark lanes with no problems. They are wired in to the main beam.

Their is a wealth of Panda knowledge on this forum (trust me - they know everything) and I just know some one will be able to help about the battery / alternator question (y)

Nice Panda by the way. (y)

Attachments

• 2007_0211Image0016.JPG
    2007_0211Image0016.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 18
Hi,

I've got a 89 fiat panda 4x4. I want to run spot lights on the front but not sure if the battery/alternator would be able to handle it..

Hi Ben,

If you are just adding a couple of spots, don't worry about it. The alternator will have plenty of power. If you are going for a rally style array of spots than it would be a different matter...

Les

:yeahthat:

Even with this little lot the alternator and battery coped fine however the earthing didn't and occasionally switched them on but wouldn't switch them off to the dismay of drivers comming towards :eek: but suppose 500w of light would upset most oncomming drivers :eek: Once through France they seemed to settle and worked fine....

DSC00140.JPG

Thanks everyone for replying! Good to know i should not have any dramas with the spotties.

Hi Ben - and welcome to the Forum.

I can't help you on updating the alternator to run spot lights, but . . . .

Manda panda sports a pair of Spotties and the original battery and alternator seem to cope okay. They've been on about 8 months and are used regulary when hacking down dark lanes with no problems. They are wired in to the main beam.

Their is a wealth of Panda knowledge on this forum (trust me - they know everything) and I just know some one will be able to help about the battery / alternator question (y)

Nice Panda by the way. (y)

As Mandapanda and everyone else has said, as few won't make a difference. Like Mandapanda's my Hella Spots are also wired upto the main beam and used daily! I'm still impressed when ever I use them. One of the best things I've put on any of our Panda's.

Just look at them below:D

Jon.

Yep, should be fine, just to add that it's worth upgrading to halogen bulbs (think they're called P45t, ebay best bet), and wiring them to relays to give power direct from the battery. Makes the lights much much better and also prevents frying the dip/main switch like mine did!

Yep, should be fine, just to add that it's worth upgrading to halogen bulbs (think they're called P45t, ebay best bet), and wiring them to relays to give power direct from the battery. Makes the lights much much better and also prevents frying the dip/main switch like mine did!

Yep, p45t is the one to search on eBay. You shouldn't need to fit a relay for the 55/60watt bulbs as there is already a relay fitted. All of our Panda's have the brighter bulbs fitted, and haven't had any problems with headlight switchs except in the 750L, but had them burning out before the birhgter bulbs were fitted.

Jon.

Back