Styling ugly grill/door strips

Currently reading:
Styling ugly grill/door strips

jake_6_9

im trying to find a new grill for my bravo...not only cus its ugly but the glue has come unstuck on two of the topcorners causing it to stick out at each corner.......making it look even worse!! iv thought of getting one customised but wondered if anyones seen any for sale anywhere or any other tips. also i wanted to do something with the door strips, after seeing a post saying thers hole's behind them i didnt want to remove them, it said that spraying them was the best way, but has anyone done/seen them been smoothed in?? thanks

glue? :confused:

its bolted on from the back with 3 small nuts.

you can use the grill from any bravo brava or marea, there are at least half a dozen different types and each can be modifed by changing the nesh or sticking a new style badge on etc, there are loads of options. one is chrome, one has mesh, one has bars across it, it depends on the model and age of the car.

check members motors sections for marea threads, you may like one of the marea grills.

you cant spray the holes in the door, obviously you need to fill them first. its not easy filling holes like that becasue there is nothing behind them, so you firstly need to use some gap bridger from behind, then filler on the door, them sand them smooth, then spray.

glue? :confused:

its bolted on from the back with 3 small nuts.

you can use the grill from any bravo brava or marea, there are at least half a dozen different types and each can be modifed by changing the nesh or sticking a new style badge on etc, there are loads of options. one is chrome, one has mesh, one has bars across it, it depends on the model and age of the car.

check members motors sections for marea threads, you may like one of the marea grills.

you cant spray the holes in the door, obviously you need to fill them first. its not easy filling holes like that becasue there is nothing behind them, so you firstly need to use some gap bridger from behind, then filler on the door, them sand them smooth, then spray.
well it looks like glue, its at the top of each corner of the grill, thers like a brown residue?? god knows... any whoo welll i saw i think its beastieboys car that has it smoothed in, that looks great, but yeah ill check out the marea grills. thanks

No need to post a thread twice!!

Parts of the grill are glued together but it is bolted to the bonnet! Smoothed grill in my opinion does not really suit the car at all. The Bravo grill is the best out of the Bravo/a Marea range!

Removing the bumpstrips is alot of work and you are going to get aload of parking dents. I would probably paint them if anything, but the black does create a contrast

smoothed Marea grill FTW :cool:

2008_0301Day10032.jpg

i dont think it would be possible to get the airflow, the rad is just behind the grill with the slam panel just above and bumper just below, there isnt really anywhere to run the pipework...... any people might get annoyed with it ripping their clothes off when they walk past :p

hey looks really good exactly what i want!! you dont fancy selling you bonnet do you :D(y)

grille is seprate part, comes on and off on its own.. its like an custom added bit over where the original was.. or something :confused:

its now actually silver, i stripped the black paint off and polished up the metal. so it now goes with the chrome Alfa 147 handles and the polished lip of me dished alloys (y)

what so its sort of a seperate piece of fibreglass that goes over the top of the original grill that can be taken off :confused:
still looks awsome, like the idea of the chrome iv just got some deep dish too, any pics??

it looks like a proper grille, just modified... im not sure :rolleyes:

wheels look like so:

yeh looks good are they 15's?? im still searching for some blooody 147 door handles, gonna try ebay tonight just not looking forward to trying to fit them!! looks like a right pain in the arse.... my keskins.....

Attachments

• DSC00522.JPG
    DSC00522.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 25
Back