General Twinair opinions please???

Currently reading:
General Twinair opinions please???

I ordered a set of black and white genuine mats off EBay. Apparently the 2013 my has two fitting pegs per side, whereas pre Sep '12 cars have only one. I didn't know that??

I guess this proves I'm a big tart eh??

Apparently the 2013 my has two fitting pegs per side, whereas pre Sep '12 cars have only one. I didn't know that??

Our 500 is a March 2012 and that only has one fitting peg in the middle of the drivers mat, so that sounds about right. Ours is hopeless. Feels like you're going to damage the carpet or break the clip trying to remove the mat to hoover it. We just sit the mat in the footwell without clipping it in now, but it moves about which is a pain too, glad they've changed it.

I ordered a set of black and white genuine mats off EBay. Apparently the 2013 my has two fitting pegs per side, whereas pre Sep '12 cars have only one. I didn't know that??

I guess this proves I'm a big tart eh??

Post a link to the ones you've got. Cheers :)

Thanks Guys,

Where is the best place to get some good quality mats from. I noticed the carpet has pegs in it, so I guess genuine Fiat mats will be best?

Note the new Avatar.

Best mats I've ever come across are Halfords custom fit premium quality ones. They are perfect fit and are really good, thick pile carpet with heel pad too.

Our 500 is a March 2012 and that only has one fitting peg in the middle of the drivers mat, so that sounds about right. Ours is hopeless. Feels like you're going to damage the carpet or break the clip trying to remove the mat to hoover it. We just sit the mat in the footwell without clipping it in now, but it moves about which is a pain too, glad they've changed it.

Don't worry, it gets easier to in clip after a few times.
At first I used the end of a pen (flat end) to hold the centre down while I pulled the mat upwards and off the peg. That way it doesn't tug at the carpet.

Best mats I've ever come across are Halfords custom fit premium quality ones. They are perfect fit and are really good, thick pile carpet with heel pad too.

I got a set of premium matts but if you weight them over a set of 500 mats IIRC the difference in weight is about 10kgs.

Well I re-weighed those 10kg mats and they came it at just over 6kgs.

I could invent some excuses like

1. they were wet after using the rug doctor on them.
2. it was lbs and not kgs
3. confused the saving with removing the spare wheel
4. the meptid medication that I'm temporarily on at the moment
5. or I was plain wrong ! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    506.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0492.JPG
    IMG_0492.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    571.8 KB · Views: 45
Lol lol lol, you have too much time on your hands ; )

Well, I am pleased to confirm I am now actually the proud owner of a 500 TA. I have just driven it home and achieved 60.7 mpg!! I must say, being a 50 yr old petrol head, who has owned many cars, the TA is a totally new driving experience. It feels very torquey one minute then before you know it, you're changing gear!! Difficult to explain really, but I'm sure all you TA owners will know what I'm talking about!!

I love it!!

Back