twin exit duplex, will it make my car slower?

Currently reading:
twin exit duplex, will it make my car slower?

Nah, you won't lose any power. There's a lot of ******** being talked about back pressure.

If you retain the original front pipe, cat and centre but fit duplex sports back boxes, you will reduce the back pressure - but only enough to give you a power gain. A standard exhaust has most of the restriction in the back box, when you change this it's where most of the gain is made.

As long as you don't suddenly plumb in a 4" bore system including manifold, you won't affect it adversely. What's important is the gas speed, (not the back pressure) so the exhaust gas actually has enough inertia to help draw in the fresh fuel/air charge for the next burn. If you're keeping the standard front sections then you're not going to slow this down.

I have a Peco twin exit Duplex (see pic) on my HGT and have noticed no difference. It isn't loud either.
Yes, you get a lower note and when you wind it up it sounds very sporty but it isn't going to wake up a whole street when you trundle past at 2am (unlike that damm 205 with its dustbin sticking out the back). :bang:

Why is it people with loud exhausts never sleep and are always going up and down the road every 10 bloody minutes!

Attachments

• MrCarBack2.jpg
    MrCarBack2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 14
Back