twin exit duplex, will it make my car slower?

Currently reading:
twin exit duplex, will it make my car slower?

Loss of back pressure could actually rob your engine of horse power, why don't you get a proper supersprint?:confused: They even do a downpipe/manifold for yours don't they?

The guys that fitted mine said it MAY lose some bhp by having it done but it would be extremely minimal. However it seems to have done the opposite as my car felt so much more responsive after the duplex system.

I also asked AlfaNige about this and he said it shouldn't make the car slower so I'd say go for it (y)

jamie86 said:
There is a Corsa round here like that all 1.2 of it rolling on 19's is so fast :D
yea we have one of them, a white one, all lowered with two nasty ass lookin oval exhausts, only one kicking out steam.. then when it sets off, it sounds like running a scoter through an amplifier... why oh why

dave, i very much doubt it will slow ur car down. infact, i cant actually see why it would, the back pressure wont be reduced by much if any as its just separating the exhaust gases further down the exhaust.

get one i say matey!

i mean, come on, would tvr have fitted something that would slow their cars down? :D

Dunc

Im interested as in January I was considering getting a full Xhuast System with Two back boxex....

Would a full System with two exits (one on each side of the bumper) slow down me one.six or speed it up? I want it more for looks but don't really want to go any slower then i already do.

Trancendental said:
Im interested as in January I was considering getting a full Xhuast System with Two back boxex....

Would a full System with two exits (one on each side of the bumper) slow down me one.six or speed it up? I want it more for looks but don't really want to go any slower then i already do.

TBH doubt you'll see a drop in performance but don't recon you'll get any more power either.. :eek:

Back