Technical Turbo'ing Burple!

Currently reading:
Technical Turbo'ing Burple!

They all like what you've made of Burple, except your choice of wheels. The most common choice around here for the Cinq would be the euro-look (8J13 and the like; preferably Smoor-wheels).

Also, they discuss where the headlights are from - Punto mk. II, Marea...

Regarding the word 'tøs', the original meaning is 'slut' but it's become harmless slang for 'girl'. To put it in perspective, my mother (born 1945) would consider it a massive insult whereas my g/f (1979) puts little to nothing in it.

I think most people here would consider those wheels euro anyway - oh and lights are from a honda prelude ;)

If you thought the Germans were anal about rules...

'Hi, we're Danes. We allegedly robbed you lot a few times some Centuries ago. Now, we've decided...' :D

Nah, our perception of the euro-look is more along the lines of 'tief, laut und breit' (ger: low, loud and wide) which is why I mention 8x13 - it's more or less the standard size for the rear wheels. That is, if you're not looking at 16" or even 17" wheels with 165/40 tires.

Alaina's appear to be 7x15 which is widely considered as the safe and easy way to go.

A total lowering of 90mm/front and 70mm/rear + 7x13 up front and 8x13 in the rear with these smoor-wheels with 175/50-13:

P0004392%20%28Small%29%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Look a bit like Minilites, don't they?

Those or Steffan 5-stern, Brock B5, Schmidt TH-line, Borbet T...

I was never much of a follower - still think one of the best designs are the Azev A's in 7x15. But that's way OT.

Burple is by far one of the best carried out projects so far. Whether you like the colour choice or rims, it shouldn't matter - there's still been put a sh*tload of work into that car + ten times as much time as planned ( = 100 times as much time as people would think) and plenty of tears.

Glad to know Radio Burple is still transmitting - really looking forward to seeing the project evolve even further. Though I recently ditched my Sei in favour of an Alfa 156, the 'cento was still my first car... and I'll own one again before long. ;)

yeah i know all those wheels and they all :yum:, you don't see them on the cento's over here often though. More on VW's than antrhing else. Can't think of what i would call a proper euro cinq from the UK off the top of my head, not to say its not out there.. Its a good look, i like it. Just couldn't drive cars like that at all in most parts of Uk though. Our roads are littered with massive pot-holes and if you do find a nice bit of tarmac its got speed-bumps on it. One of my old cinqs which was 50mm lowered all round could only just get around my estate and only without passengers.

Back