General Need Turbo'd Engine For My Cinq Asap

Currently reading:
General Need Turbo'd Engine For My Cinq Asap

d4rr3n

hey all, back again this year with my fAt cinQ

after having quite a bad prang in it back in october i am in the process of re-building her to her best standard. im desperately looking for a a ready turbo'd lump to go in it or a part finished lump as i already have a manifold adapted, intercooler and all pipes minus one turbo lol. if anyone can help it would be much apreciated.

cheerz guyz.

heres a look at the damage while your here......ouch!

http://file032b.bebo.com/2/large/2007/09/23/10/3249134121a5625102680l.jpg

thanks for the help, i was thinkin of a thicker head gasket although someone told me if you run it at low boost the compression shouldnt be a problem????

Fingers,

My old one now Chris's if he ever gets it rebuilt :rolleyes: :eek: hehe

Never had an issue with timing using a decomp plate and several times has seen accidently around 20 psi without issue :eek:

Although normally was around 12psi

Fingers,

Never had an issue with timing using a decomp plate and several times has seen accidently around 20 psi without issue :eek:

Guess it depends on how thick the plate is: others have had to use adjustable pulley, but there are probably other ways round it.

1232 Chris, or another one?

lo mate been a while since i saw you and the car sometime last year lol! ive got an mf2 and a thor racing fcd up for grabs if want drop me a line, ps how'd you crash?

i used a decomp plate on my old 1242 hb turbo and had no problems at all. how can the spacer affect the cam timing?

Easy, the distance between the middle of the crank and cam pulley, 400mm, going up the block is a specific number of teeth on the belt, say 20. Now if you have 30 teeth on the cam pulley (12º a tooth) and you increase the distance between the two pulleys to say 410mm then you have 20.5 teeth between the centres. This half tooth adjustment equals 6º which means you can either advance or retard the cam 6º unless you use a vernier pulley to adjust the cam timing.

Does that make sense?

Fingers,

Oi, i'll get there, i'm just not as fast as some people on here at getting stuff done. And i'm at wiring now and tbh haven't got a clue what i'm doing so takes time.

But yes, the decomp plate is fine on my engine without adjustable pulley or anything. Yes technically a decomp plate is a bit of a bodge, but a well engineered bodge, my car has had what 3 owners since being made high boost and timing has never been an issue with it at all. ie, done properly decomp should be fine.
And yes the car was running 20psi for a while with no ill effects, thats should be sorted now though, but we'll find out when it gets running again.

thanks for the help, i was thinkin of a thicker head gasket although someone told me if you run it at low boost the compression shouldnt be a problem????

That was probably me :) when i was looking for someone to weld pipe for me off my turbo cinq? think that was the time spoke to you, was either then or when i needed a tyre putting on a wheel :)

But thicker HG/decomp plate has problems like others have said, though done properly shouldnt be a problem. my old cinq turbo still going strong on a decomp plate :)

ah yea, i remeber u coming down with the guy in the orage cinq aswell. found a guy with a fully re-built turbo lump with forged pistons n rods etc. going to look into it as my old lump is history now and van aaken are no more i think as their number is cut off and no more web site.

Back