Technical 1.1 FIRE engine turbo'd ???

Currently reading:
Technical 1.1 FIRE engine turbo'd ???

Tabblink182

Civic type-r Driver
I here all the melarky about engine swaps and such for the 1.4 uno model but it seems like an awful lot of work to take on...

my sort of know it all backstreet mechanic uncle has told me the the Turbo unit from the 1.4 uno engine will bolt straight on the 1.1 sporting engine (for the cinqucento not seicento),

is this true ???

would be nice to give my sporting a bit more ooompfh without too much hassle....

thanks in advance

tom

=]

dont get like that, ive had a look around but couldnt find anything of use, your faqs tho look pretty good, you just have to know where to find them.

so it actually just blow up

:/

oh

we avarage probably 1 thread a week asking about turbo's.so even a search of the forum would raise this

so i did this
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-faqs/101588-getting-started-fiat-forum.html

this
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-faqs/95853-modding-your-cento.html

and this
https://www.fiatforum.com/cinquecento-seicento-faqs/93833-cinq-sei-turbo-faq.html

plus the other 30 or so ,plus the guides.plenty of reading to get you started.dont forget to post a hello in the newbie chat and post pics of your cento in members motors :D

i swear i saw a cinq with minilites on, do they have a 4 spoke the same size as a mini ????

Theyre not minilites they are replicas.

Minilites from a mini do not fit on a cinq

The ones you will have seen will either be Compomotive ML's or KN Minataurs more than likely

hmm i also have a mini which im restoring (slowly) :eek:

i offered up one of my wheels and the holes match up perfect

the bolt for the cinq wheel will not fit through the holes on the mini wheel

would i not be a case of just drilling them out 2 or 3 mm ????

and also, whats all the low boost cinq engines about, is that still using the 1.1 fire engine ?

i offered up one of my wheels and the holes match up perfect

the bolt for the cinq wheel will not fit through the holes on the mini wheel

would i not be a case of just drilling them out 2 or 3 mm ????

With your Black and Decker, I guess? Forget it. The PCD (the diameter of a circle through the middle of all the bolt holes) is completely different, and the offset and centre bore is likely to be wrong. All you'll do is bugger up a good set of mini wheels. You can't do stuff like this by eye and if you want to confirm what I say, offer up some Cinq wheels to the mini.
and also, whats all the low boost cinq engines about, is that still using the 1.1 fire engine ?

Or the 1.2. The low boost ones used the standard compression ratio, so couldn't take the kind of boost the hi-compression ones could. (Allegedly ;) ) Consequently they were cheaper and didn't make the same sort of power.

You could slip in a decomprression plate and run high boost tho like mr ghost wkd :D
or you can get low compression pistons made and do it that way... :slayer:
kits arn't available anymore tho (n) unless u go to novitec, not sure if there is a UK novitec distributer tho :cry:

Autodelta last time I looked where Novitec distributors, however Novitec have removed the turbo kits from their site, however I they may still do them ;)

Back