Technical Transmission noise Panda 1.2 Dynamic , help!!

Currently reading:
Technical Transmission noise Panda 1.2 Dynamic , help!!

Also replace the gear shifter seal and roll pin. The seal does not last especially well. More important, the roll pin is prone to breaking. Mine was broken but the fragments were retained. However hard metal fragments dropping directly into the spinning gears are not good. The parts are cheap and its an easy enough job.

The 100HP has a roller bearings on the input shaft. Considerably heavier than the one shown above. The input shaft seal cannot be replaced without removing the input end of the gearbox (poor design IMO) but thankfully it's not a terribly hard job.
In my case there was no chattering noise when idling in neutral. My first symptom was clutch judder. When opened up, I simply had a hardened oil seal that let out enough oil to cause clutch judder and eventually clutch slip. It does not take much oil to contaminate a clutch. The bearing was fine.

The clutch on our 1.2 is getting heavy and hard to control at moving away. I'm expecting to have that job before winter. The gearbox input shaft seal will be replaced. If there's any doubt I'll do the bearing as well.

Last edited:
Back