Tomtom Blue&me doesn't connect

Currently reading:
Tomtom Blue&me doesn't connect

Evo Dre

I recently got a Tomtom blue & me 2 live Bought from a friend. now I can't get the tomtom paired with the Punto Evo 1.4 8v from 2010. I have already updated the Blue & me to version 5.6 but still no result. does anyone here know how i get this work.

Hi,
I can help you. The TomTom2 needs 2nd Generation V10 update. 5.6 is no good.

It is not too difficult but you need certain files downloaded from the BlueMe website.

Stage 1 reads your current cars software nothing else. When this file is obtained from the car it needs a line code change which is then sent back to the Blueme site together with your cars model and then all the latest software is downloaded. Transferred onto a USB flash memory stick formatted to FAT32 and uploaded into the car.

At the same time you have to select your language of choice.

You can do it yourself or I can transfer files to you but you will need a 2GB USB flash memory stick, a windows PC and a lot of tenacity.

To transfer files I need your email address so PM me with it and I can outline the procedure. For the real computer 'dummies' excuse the expression but if you have no computer ability or use a windows PC I can send out the files on a USB stick for the cost of postage and a promise you send the memory sticks back but please only UK/Irl anyone abroad it will be file transfer only.

BYE

Last edited:
Hi,
I can help you. The TomTom2 needs 2nd Generation V10 update. 5.6 is no good.

It is not too difficult but you need certain files downloaded from the BlueMe website.

Stage 1 reads your current cars software nothing else. When this file is obtained from the car it needs a line code change which is then sent back to the Blueme site together with your cars model and then all the latest software is downloaded. Transferred onto a USB flash memory stick formatted to FAT32 and uploaded into the car.

At the same time you have to select your language of choice.

You can do it yourself or I can transfer files to you but you will need a 2GB USB flash memory stick, a windows PC and a lot of tenacity.

To transfer files I need your email address so PM me with it and I can outline the procedure. For the real computer 'dummies' excuse the expression but if you have no computer ability or use a windows PC I can send out the files on a USB stick for the cost of postage and a promise you send the memory sticks back but please only UK/Irl anyone abroad it will be file transfer only.

BYE
Any chance you can send me that file [email protected]

Any chance you can send me that file [email protected]
The UK language version is in our downloads section

The UK language version is in our downloads section

I dont think you can just take the files for the updates and use for any vehicle....this only works with the language files.....

When the BMConf file is extracted (I still have the files to do this) it places a unique line script code which is identified as BDAddress then a series of unique numbers specific to the vehicle.......this is probably the read/write code to the body module or blueMe module.....

When this was uploaded to the blueme site and the updated files were returned back as Aggiornamento_BlueMeMap_15_10_UK_A or B it appears to have embedded this unique read/write code somewhere in the script unique for the vehicle which no doubt would include the IMAGE ID otherwise you may get the wrong vehicle images added into the cars software......

We have tried using V10 files from exactly the same make and year of car but still get error 10 coming up......

What also makes it hard is updates have to be done in sequential order so if you had say a generation 2 module at V7 level you could not go straight to V10 as it would only give back the sequential next level relative to what the car was currently at.....
To install the TomTom2's we had to update the vehicles to V10 and with early cars pre 2014 we had to alter the BMConf file to change the type of sat nav to be recognised.....

Sadly it appears with the blueme site being access restricted now there is no way of even knowing what level the cars blueme software is at other than if I read the BMConf file and look at the sat nav code and it shows the car at sometime has been programmed updated for a tomtom2 then it will be at the latest V10 level....that is all I am able to do now so anyone wanting to purchase a TomTom2 BlueMe I have been advising to check the car software first....just because you may have a dash mount 68R does not mean your car will pair up to a blueme sat nav as the dash slot was able to be specified as an individual option even without having blueme as Fiat Accessories sold a phone holder to fit the dash slot.

I have not yet spoken to any main dealer to see if they still have access to the blueme site but given late last year and early this year large amounts of what were expensive BlueMe tomtom2's (RRP £380) were being dumped at auctions for less than £50 each (I managed to get 10) I think the dealers were aware support was coming to an end......

If you do not already have the software updated to take a TomTom2 but want a sat nav the basic tomtom go LIVE 1000 4cs01 is exactly the same model and fits a CRATT2 cradle and the dash slot so can be used wireless but does not have the blueandme app so will not pair up to the cars software but you can pick these up on ebay for as little as £10.....we have been buying them previously just for the spare screens and digitizers to do repairs to the blueme TomTom2 for Fiat and Alfa owners........

Hopefully someone can pressure Fiat to open up or license access to the blueme site.....it was bad enough initially finding work arounds once Adobe Flash was discontinued but at the moment I cannot find anyway to get access......

It is a pain that the site isn't up, as I would be able to confirm that.

I didn't download the files using the configurator though - I just looked through the sites XML files to see which files were sent when you selected which vehicle. I don't believe they were different based on any code - the code was just a "lookup" to decide which file was needed.

Easy way to confirm this though :) If you still have some of the files for different models, you can run a checksum test on them to see if there really is any difference. If there is, we could look into what that difference is and then perhaps write an alternate tool.

It is a pain that the site isn't up, as I would be able to confirm that.

I didn't download the files using the configurator though - I just looked through the sites XML files to see which files were sent when you selected which vehicle. I don't believe they were different based on any code - the code was just a "lookup" to decide which file was needed.

Easy way to confirm this though :) If you still have some of the files for different models, you can run a checksum test on them to see if there really is any difference. If there is, we could look into what that difference is and then perhaps write an alternate tool.
Hi, I have all the files returned from the blueme website as I have done updates on Alfas, Fiats Lancias and other Chrysler group cars as the install a TOMTOM2 you had to have a gen2 module and it needed to be at V10 then we were able to tweek the BMConf file to tell the car to accept a TOMTOM2.......the files definitely have some parts unique to the car as when a TomTom2 is paired the car populates the TomTom2 with the Marque model and all the cars data.......

The problem I have is whilst I have all the downloads we have done over the years I did not record the car model I did it for just the name of the person was placed in the download file so I would have to go back and see if I have contact details to marry up to the car marque and model.....

Every BMConf file XML format we extracted from the vehicles carries the cars model and if a gen2 module the unique BDAddress script line which I believe is the key to the read/write link to install and update the vehicles software.........

Personally I would hope something like the Fiat or Alfa forum would put some pressure on Chrysler to open the site back up for us even if we have to pay a license fee.....and also ask the questions how does anyone now program a vehicle that is being installed with a replacement blueme module say.......I tried to talk to a main dealer specifically regards the blueme and updating a replacement module to V10 for a TomTom2 and just got long pauses of DUH dont know......

More than happy to send across some A and B V8 V9 and V10 or for ease lets just go for a V10 from two cars of exactly the same model as I can use our own car and a previous 500 model I know we did for a lady owner.......

I have transferred these files via email wetransfer.com when downloaded from the blueme site all over the world in the past couple of years as we have helped owners update to install the Tom|Tom2s..........you can refer to quite a few in my private messages inbox as I had to request email addresses......albeit most were done via requests as we sold and installed the blueme TomTom2

Happy to help out but I have already tried using the downloads from my own car to do another 500 and also the Alfa Giulietta exact same model and year car both just kicked back error 10 but had worked perfectly on the car they were specifically requested for from the BMConf file on the blueandme site......

Help us with this Ben if there is anyway of pressuring Fiat/Chrysler it is a misery I have 10 outstanding requests now for updates and have even warned owners now on the sales sites NOT to buy a TomTom2 either unless I can see the BMConf file is at V10 and had a TomTom2 installed or the software previously updated.....

This is a typical Gen2 BMConf file extracted as stage 1 from the car to upload to the blueme site to obtain the next possible sequential software update

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<BlueAndMeInfo>

<CarType>500</CarType> ;;;(this identifies the vehicle)

<Configuration>97FC0</Configuration> ;;;(this identifies the sat nav model)

<BDaddr>52585_20_2327</BDaddr> """"(this is the unique line address to write the version update to and no vehicle is the same even if the same marque or model year)

</BlueAndMeInfo>

I can add any

or for ease lets just go for a V10 from two cars of exactly the same model as I can use our own car and a previous 500 model I know we did for a lady owner.......

Great idea! If you start a conversation with me, you should be able to attach them there!

And if you have the BDaddr of the two vehicles too that created those files, that would be very useful :)

Will do my best......I have our original one stored separately both the BMConf and the download but will have to see if I can link up all the other BMConf files to the download so will look at dates they were downloaded.......I know what vehicles they are for by the owners name as I renamed the files to identify them......everything I then sent to owners was via wetransfer.com and they dump out after 7 days......

Reactions: ben
Back