Tom or other ICE genius...

Currently reading:
Tom or other ICE genius...

Re: re

There are several that will go louder than the W7 for the same power, its not very efficient.

The IDMAX for one goes lower and louder. Elemental Designs also make some subs that are in the same league as the W7 & IDMAX. Adire Audio and RE also make some big subs but they need more power.

I was having a laugh today with my setup, my little sub is only 400W but it will make some noise!

How can a 10in IDMAX go lower than a 10W7? The W7 surely has more cone surface area as its surround goes to the very edge of the unit, whereas the surround on the idmax does not. They both have 24mm of excursion so as a simple rule the 10W7 moves more air, thus more depth!? I could be wrong though! I saw one reviewer say that the 10W7 has nearly as much cone surface as many 12's.

I forgot to mention the 8W7 which i demo'ed, in my car, in the (stupidly expensive) JL bandpass box, was ridiculously low...for its size :)

Cone area and x-max have not that much to do with how low a speaker will go. There are many more important factors.

My sub has a relatively small x-max and is in a tiny box but goes VERY low.