Tom or other ICE genius...

Currently reading:
Tom or other ICE genius...

Yeah, if you dropped it on a W7 it would kill it.

The W7 is sorta SQish as well as loud (although I don't like it) but the MTX is just loud. Great for rattling your number plate and attracting kelly types when sitting outside MacDs.

you sayin that because you dont have one tom? lol
i heard you loved macD's ;)

Cheers, I'm not one for driving round McD's but i do like bass thats loud and musical. What higher echelon of subwoofers would you recommend then Tom?

Budget, what music do you like and do you want all out bass, all out quality or a bit of both?

Tom i want quality as thats harder to come by. Can then buy 2 quality subs and have the loudness factor. Or iftheres are sub that does both i would be v interested. As for music i like DnB, old school Hip Hop, some Rock, Prodigy, Orbital and R&B - i like lots. It shouldnt matter though with a top SQ sub.

Phase Linear Ali 12 Ltd :) Shame they are not made any more :(

I'd get yourself over to www.talkaudio.co.uk and see whats going on there. Ideally come along to meets and hear some subs.

What amp will you be running this lot from?

I have a JL 500/1 driving my old 15W3 sub at moment. Youre right tom I need to hear them for myself i guess.

Yes Tom i think they are excellent value and its incredibly loud and quite tight for a 15. Obviously it plays deep and thats where it really excels.

Tom my pops has a trade partnership with an mobile electronics company and i can get JL audio cheap ( not saying how cheap :) !). I am considering these two subs:

JL 12W6v2

and

JL 10W7

I seen a review of the 12W6 and the guy said it was the most linear sub he'd ever heard but the 10W7 has as much cone surface area and alot more excursion and it won Total Car Audio sub of the year award.

I just cant decide!!!

I'm not a fan of JL :)

Also TCA is not a good mag ;)

Supposedly the W6v2 is not as good as the W6.

I do like the IDMAX12, very tight, very deep, very loud!

Man you are tough to crack! What wrong with TCA?! They share your hate of 6x9's and show love to Genesis audio for a start!