Starter and other issues

Currently reading:
Starter and other issues

J

J.D.

Ok, I am about ready to give up on this car. Here is my problem. My wife's car is a 1998 Fiat Brava (not sure which one, but it has 103 horsepower), and we have had issues with the car overheating from time to time. The car has a 2 phase fan, according to local mechanics. We were told it had something to do with the AC, but even without the AC on the car starts to creep up on the temp gauge. The local garage said that sometimes the fan works and sometimes it doesn't, but to check the system we would have to invest a little over 1000 Euros!!! No way!! So an electrician freind of mine suggested running a wire from the battery through an inline 40 amp fuse to a 40 amp switch in the car, and then back out to the fan. This way when the car starts to heat up, the wife can turn the switch on to immediately start up the fan. I was testing the power in the relay that is supposed to turn on the fan in the small fuse box directly in front of the battery, and apparently I connected two connections that have now caused the car to not start. I think it is the starter but not sure. The car will crank, but won't turn over. Any ideas? Help please!! Thanks in advance everyone!!

- J.D.

if the fans work and the temp is rising..then itll be the thermostat! Change that and give it a good bleed.

if you have oil in your coolant tank and vice versa,then its the head gasket