Tis a Curious Thing

Currently reading:
Tis a Curious Thing

thats what i asked, but they described it as a blue fiat

called "ringing"

they take plates from an almost identical car and place them on one they stole.

so the reg comes back fine and matches the vehicle description when checked.

wait until you see the cctv. all petrol stations have ANPR now so you get a close up of the plate, see if the text underneath the plate writing matches.

or look at the mug filling up the car :p

i told alex this could happen if he posted his plate all over the net, now who's laughing punk :p

the great thing about the net is that you can not only find a plate for any car easily, you can find one local, and you can also check if that car has got tax, and for how long, so you have a good idea if its insured and MOT'd too, which reduces your chances of getting caught. now more than ever you must protect your plate on the net.

Last edited:
cloners dont drive around looking for a car anymore, these days they go on car forums, its much quicker and easier and cheaper.

lets say i wanted to find a blue mk2 punto sporting plate in newcastle, how easy is it to go on a fiat forum and search for "sporting newcastle" until you find some sucker to clone. now compare that to driving round newcaslte all day until you see one. there is no choice, you go online. displaying your plate on public roads is far safer than displaying it on the net.

Back