Tis a Curious Thing

Currently reading:
Tis a Curious Thing

cloners dont drive around looking for a car anymore, these days they go on car forums, its much quicker and easier and cheaper.

lets say i wanted to find a blue mk2 punto sporting plate in newcastle, how easy is it to go on a fiat forum and search for "sporting newcastle" until you find some sucker to clone. now compare that to driving round newcaslte all day until you see one. there is no choice, you go online. displaying your plate on public roads is far safer than displaying it on the net.

Me thinks ill change me sig now

LOL.

alex, tis not a good idea to try tit yourself, ringing = more punishable than speeding or theiving some petrol.

Its great, until you get caught LOL.

I've seen people 'modify' their plates with duck tape to make the numbers look like letters and other numbers LOL its obvious as hell:rolleyes:

i dont think it's been cloned tbh.

still not heard anything.

got a warning for my numberplate today, caught me with some camera or something £30 fine, w*nkers, i'm f**king sick of driving and everything to do with it at the minuite.

cloners dont drive around looking for a car anymore, these days they go on car forums, its much quicker and easier and cheaper.

lets say i wanted to find a blue mk2 punto sporting plate in newcastle, how easy is it to go on a fiat forum and search for "sporting newcastle" until you find some sucker to clone. now compare that to driving round newcaslte all day until you see one. there is no choice, you go online. displaying your plate on public roads is far safer than displaying it on the net.

You dont even have to search a forum anymore, a quick search of the autotrader and hey presto... you've got yourself a numberplate! (n)

i dont think it's been cloned tbh.

still not heard anything.

got a warning for my numberplate today, caught me with some camera or something £30 fine, w*nkers, i'm f**king sick of driving and everything to do with it at the minuite.

if you've got illegal no plates expect to be caught....

the thing thats getting to me, i know loadsa of mate driving round in old cars with no nothing and never get caught, and me, paying my way and get this sort of sh*t, i know it's my own fault but it's easy readable, just another way to make money.

nice to see the police have their priorities right, as always :rolleyes:

well they obviously had a call from the garage etc and whoever did it committed theft and they have a lead with a name unfortuneatly back to you

Dont know how you can say they havent got their priorities right, theyve played it by the book to be fair and it was only a matter of time for the plates as the spacing was way out, you can always grass on your mates cars if you feel you have been treated unfairly and make yourself feel better at same time if all their cars 'have no nothing' as well

Last edited:
Alex there only doing there job your number plate is illegal and the penalty is a fine. If your willing to drive around with an illegal plate be willing to pay the fine. The law is there for a reason!.

And what did I tell you about bilking petrol :nerner:

Last edited:
the thing thats getting to me, i know loadsa of mate driving round in old cars with no nothing and never get caught, and me, paying my way and get this sort of sh*t, i know it's my own fault but it's easy readable, just another way to make money.

nice to see the police have their priorities right, as always :rolleyes:

Lets be honest, you knew the risk you were taking with your numberplate, stop moaning about it.

TBH if i were a plate cloner, i would search on ebay before searching forums.
problem with searching for cars that are for sale is that you dont know if they will be staying local, and its safer to use a local plate because you dont stand out as suspicious or odd when the cops do a check. people living 300miles away generally wont be cruising around your local town centre on a friday night. out of town plates attract more attention.

Last edited:
anyone who wanted to do it would simply search google for far more detailed instructions on how to do it without getting caught, i dont think this thread is going to make a cloner out of anyone that would not have done it anyway.

Back