Technical Timing belt replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Timing belt replacement

jte

Hi,

I replaced timing belt to my 2006 Grande Punto 1.4 8V VVT engine.
It works otherwise ok no CEL or anything, but when cold it kind of hesitates specifically first and second gear below 2000 rpm.
I didn't notice that before belt change.
Can somebody check with MES thatt how much are Learned VVT tooth position (1) to (6)
Mine are: Learned VVT tooth position (1) is 103.56 deg. VVT tooth position (2) is 225.31 deg,
VVT tooth position (3) is 283.63 deg, VVT tooth position (4) is 406.94 deg, VVT tooth position (5) is 464.69 deg and
VVT tooth position (6) is 636.44 deg.
So I can determine that is my timing too advanced or retarded.

You should trust the ECU. There would be a fault code from P0010-P0025 range if there was a problem with timing. However I found your previous post on similar subject and the car had P0016 code which you cleared.

https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/p0016-76-code.497259/

It's a little unclear that how long it takes to set this code again after it was cleared or was it just phonic wheel relearn thing. :unsure:

The clutch may slip a little too. (y)I think 1st and 2nd gears aren't meant for acceleration. Does the third gear get the car moving? How about desired&actual cam position parameters? Should you be looking at those instead? Generic OBD parameters also have "ignition timing adv", what does that show?

You probably have already changed the spark plugs too. Driving with poor plugs will make the car perform poorly.

Hi,

I didn't do phonic wheel relearn because on check engine light.
I looked procedure in MES and I'm a little confused.
It says that, "To be performed (see procedures given in the servicing manual) whenever an operation is carried out on a phonic wheel or on the rev sensor (reset the self-adapting parameters to zero before doing this)."
If I excute this, does it reset the self-adapting parameters, or how do I reset these?

Back