Technical Timing belt interval

Currently reading:
Technical Timing belt interval

And...regular coolant changes not only lubricate the pump, but prevent internal corrosion of the coolant passages in the alloy head, which otherwise can fur up to the point where coolant flow is so impaired that head gaskets blow and heads warp...

Oooof. Never changed the coolant yet... But it is heavy duty -30C. Been in there for 7 years now. :eek: Better get it done then...

that is intresting, the dayco site and the dayco rep dont say the same thing. the rep who goes to local motorfactors says 3 years an 36k, and you have to be registered with dayco and they will pay for any engine repairs even if the kit is not fitted correctly

edit. ah thats the usa site an info :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Go back to blo*dy chains I say.... :(

and you have to be registered with dayco and they will pay for any engine repairs even if the kit is not fitted correctly

Can you expand on what you have said here please Dave..do you mean that the garage fitting the kit has to be registered with dayco or the vihicle owner ?..thinking of Ffoxy here so he has the correct info before he makes his decision..

garage and only pay out a minumum amount of times for wrong fitted belts

So I go to the place of my choice for supply & fit, ask for Dayco and for the kit to be registered for the Dayco Warranty?

I gotta get this sorted before Sept 28th as MoT is due on 29th, I'll have the belt kit done and MoT same day once belt fit is done.

So I go to the place of my choice for supply & fit, ask for Dayco and for the kit to be registered for the Dayco Warranty?

I gotta get this sorted before Sept 28th as MoT is due on 29th, I'll have the belt kit done and MoT same day once belt fit is done.

i wouldnt bother. i'd just get a gates one an fit your self tbh

Back