General Throttle body Pedal position sensor 1, sensor 2

Currently reading:
General Throttle body Pedal position sensor 1, sensor 2

I have a Throttle sensor gone on my Qobo 1.3 multijet Auto The AA Mechanic said it is the Throttle sensor in the Engine easy to change 2 bolts do you know where it would be located in the Engine Thanks

I have a Throttle sensor gone on my Qobo 1.3 multijet Auto The AA Mechanic said it is the Throttle sensor in the Engine easy to change 2 bolts do you know where it would be located in the Engine Thanks
Be careful with

TPS errors

TPS throttle position sensor
TPS throttle pedal sensor

Post the code would be helpful

TPS error codes generally do not clear themselves. You will need a scanner to reset the engine check light

One is the accelerator pedal

The other, the black bit on here,

s-l1600.png

Seeing it's not really a Throttle body I guess it will not need to be recalibrated

Also this is a common fault on the corsa D with the fiat engine, when the car has been driven through water due to water getting into the ecu, I don't know if the Qobo suffers the same

Be careful with

TPS errors

TPS throttle position sensor
TPS throttle pedal sensor

Post the code would be helpful

TPS error codes generally do not clear themselves. You will need a scanner to reset the engine check light

One is the accelerator pedal

The other, the black bit on here,

View attachment 430242

Seeing it's not really a Throttle body I guess it will not need to be recalibrated

Also this is a common fault on the corsa D with the fiat engine, when the car has been driven through water due to water getting into the ecu, I don't know if the Qobo suffers the same
Thanks...The AA mechanic just said fault coming up and the part you need is a Gear Range Sensor said its pretty easy to do just 2 bolts and it's sat behind a metal pipe....

Thanks...The AA mechanic just said fault coming up and the part you need is a Gear Range Sensor said its pretty easy to do just 2 bolts and it's sat behind a metal pipe....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230922_003824_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230922_003824_eBay.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 25
I am confused

First post is a Throttle sensor

Now gear Range sensor

And in the Qobo it's TPS again

They are completely different

But neither difficult to do
Gear range sensor he said but I couldn't find anything on ebay or google which said that so is the TPS Sensor different I'm lost at moment He said it was located down right side of engine the other sensor located on pedal..

Gear range sensor he said but I couldn't find anything on ebay or google which said that so is the TPS Sensor different I'm lost at moment He said it was located down right side of engine the other sensor located on pedal..
Have you got any pics of gear range sensor can't find them anywhere or will I have to get part from Fiat

Have you got any pics of gear range sensor can't find them anywhere or will I have to get part from Fiat
There isn't one

Gear Range Selector is roughly translated to gearbox speed sensor

"He said it was located down right side of engine "

It's not it's on top of the gearbox under the battery tray

"its pretty easy to do just 2 bolts"

It's not it's one electrical connector and screws on

Nothing matches up with what you are told, so I am struggling to come up with any useful suggestions

The original fault code would be the most useful

Failing that what were the original symptoms

Yes
No
Maybe

It will depend what wrong, and what you are conformable in doing yourself, it's impossible to say before it's been looked at

If compressed air works it's just a matter of kneeling down and spraying around, dead easy, it has worked for a few people but that's usually a single code, but very simple

Odds are the contacts on the side have gone green and corroded with a bit of damp, I did one of my cars years ago, it would be worth disconnecting the battery negative first, I don't know if you can unplug the connector insitu as I had already removed the pedal, but can check latter for you, unplugging and plugging the connector a few times will scratch the oxides off. Some switch clean would make the repair more permanent

Worse case would be a secondhand pedal £30c acess isn't difficult it's does require some crawling around though

First of, you need a long reach socket in an odd size, it's been several years and I can't remember the size, If you are willing to try I can measure mine, plus there's one electrical connection to undo
Thanks very much il pop to Lc Motors Fiat in about an Hour get a bit of info off them il keep you posted

There isn't one

Gear Range Selector is roughly translated to gearbox speed sensor

"He said it was located down right side of engine "

It's not it's on top of the gearbox under the battery tray

"its pretty easy to do just 2 bolts"

It's not it's one electrical connector and screws on

Nothing matches up with what you are told, so I am struggling to come up with any useful suggestions

The original fault code would be the most useful

Failing that what were the original symptoms
that sounds Right what The AA Man said he took battery off and said sensor is in that location...👍

Mines not moved for the last couple of weeks,

Cars do not like being left unused for too long

Coastal air will no doubt shorten it longevity, It will need to be absolutely dry before covering otherwise it will trap the moisture in for longer
Took it for a little spin today and the dratted engine warning light is back on. I have almost had enough to the point the car will have to go.

Took it for a little spin today and the dratted engine warning light is back on. I have almost had enough to the point the car will have to go.
Sorry to here that

Is it the same error

Are you sure the battery okay, clock not flashing, All sorts of gremlins creep in when the battery gets weak

Last edited:
Sorry to here that

Is it the same error

Are you sure the battery okay, click not flashing, All sorts of gremlins creep in when the battery gets weak
An interesting suggestion because I tried to start it yesterday to move it and the battery was flat so I charged it overnight. I did not look at that time at the dash so the warning light might have been on then; I assume it probably was.

Back