This made me Mr Angry!

Currently reading:
This made me Mr Angry!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23972952

Interviewees made to dance.
How dare Currys do this? Who do they think they are?
Treating people who need a job with no respect whatsoever.
I am not normally vindictive but I would like to see whoever thought this was an acceptable thing to do sacked just so that they could have to go through the painful process of trying to get a job.

Back when I was in my early 20s I saw similar things in interviews, 8 hour interview sessions with team building exercises where you MIT have to put on a play at the end of it, building bridges out of spaghetti and blue tack I even once had to climb a ladder in a suit during an interview.

I appreciate in this instance the interview was not conducted as it should have been, and that the lad may have found it humiliating and not been given the chance to talk about what he wanted to, but had he been given the job I suspect he'd not be complaining.

If this were a job for a Cinema or a Disney store I don't think people would be so outraged?

I think it all comes down to how badly you want the job, and being prepared to jump through hoops

In this case I can't see how your ability to dance to daft punk relates to anyone's ability to sell a camera, or a TV so does seem inappropriate for the situation but then again how does someone's photography hobby help when selling a fridge freezer?

I have to sit on the fence with this one having experienced this type of corporate BS first hand, there are often reasons behind it such as to see how out going you are, confident, compliant, and how you might fit into a team

I agree that if you were auditioning for a job at Butlins you would expect to be asked to sing a song or dance a jig or two. As a sales person of course you have to be able to connect immediately with the public and to think on your feet, and some interview techniques such as role play would be ideal to detect this. Unfortunately this Currys case sounds to me a bit closer to bullying and having a laugh on the part of the interviewers, simply because they can.

I'm going to defend it. I think it's valid and I'd like to see more of it. Think about this. His prime job function is to deal with the public. Who are unpredictable and likely to throw situations at him that are unexpected. Challenging his ability to deal with that is entirely valid.

I'm going to defend it. I think it's valid and I'd like to see more of it. Think about this. His prime job function is to deal with the public. Who are unpredictable and likely to throw situations at him that are unexpected. Challenging his ability to deal with that is entirely valid.

sorry,I disagree
Its demeaning and IMO does nothing for the interview process
he isnt being interviewed for kids TV

best way to deal with general public is poke um with a sharp stick, they are all mad you know;)

I have had sales jobs involving the public and professional buyers.
I have dealt with company directors, politicians, an even a retired Indian General on one memorable occasion.
I have had to think on my feet an deal with the unexpected
I can honestly say that the ability to dance to a crap pop song woul have been helpful to me.
These Currys guys were taking the p*ss.

Back