General Thinking of buying a Stilo

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying a Stilo

I dont like the rear light cluster on the 5 door stilos
Heres mine

Agreed. I prefer the 3door's rear lights.

Is there any reason why there is a difference between the rear lights on 5 doors Stilo (not the difference between the 3/5 door) but my 5 door ones are different to some other 5 door ones. Is mine a facelift? Just I saw an 05 plate 5 door Stilo today with the different type of rear lights to mine (hope this bit all makes sence, lol).

Yeah, turn the ignition on, it should come up 'Checking', 'Oil Lvl 000000' then go back to the date.

In my JTD the fuel pump stops priming shortly after & you hear a slight clunk as it stops, tho yours may be slightly different. Thats when i turn the key!

If all is hunky doory it should say 'Check Ok'. When the outside temp reaches 3.5 degrees or lower, you'll get a *ping* and itll say 'Danger of Ice' & similarly when the fuel level gets really low it'll go *ping* & 'Low Fuel Level' will be displayed twice on the display. If you start the car when its cold outside & its low on fuel, you'll get both the warnings after 'Check Ok' is displayed - i love it (y)

Don't get oil level check on mine. Only on Diesel JTD's according to the handbook.

then it wil go beep beep beep airbag failiure stop car!

Don't talk it up, please :p

Probably not BBS - as remember we're talking a 5 door here :p

It only 3door Stilo's that suffer with this problem then?

you should of waited another few days and id have sold you mine ;):)

You not still thinking of selling it are you :(

What you thinking of getting as a replacement :confused:

Jon.

Last edited:
then it wil go beep beep beep airbag failure stop car!

All a distant memory now I have the panda..:D not that I drive it much anyway ..spends more time sitting on the drive looking pretty :(

Yours is a phase two car Jon ..hence the different rear lights and absence of fog lamps on the tailgate now incorporated in the light cluster..(y)

All a distant memory now I have the panda..:D not that I drive it much anyway ..spends more time sitting on the drive looking pretty :(

Yours is a phase two car Jon ..hence the different rear lights and absence of fog lamps on the tailgate now incorporated in the light cluster..(y)

Is the Phase 2 car more reliable than the Phase 1 ?

Trev

Fiat made upgrades along the way Trev but on a par they are about the same..the last ones were a test platform for the new brava [wash me mouth out] and had the new connectors [air bags]and wiring up grades and body /grill/ and wheel up grades chucked at you in the package..

Ta (y)

So that 05 reg phase one I saw was probably one which had been sitting around out the back somewhere at a dealer ship waiting to get registered :confused:

Is the Phase 2 car more reliable than the Phase 1 ?

Trev

Ta for that Trev, took the words out of my mouth.

Stur stur stur :devil: :eek:

It only 3door Stilo's that suffer with this problem then?
Judging by by the number of airbag posts raised for the 3 doors then I'd say it's far less of a problem for the 5 door (but not unknown).

I've only seen the message twice in 3.5 years
  1. once when resting a bottle of wine on passenger seat
  2. once on the motorway when someone removed seatbelt and then knelt on the seat - beeped like merry hell then and must admit I was very impressed (y)

Judging by by the number of airbag posts raised for the 3 doors then I'd say it's far less of a problem for the 5 door (but not unknown).

I've only seen the message twice in 3.5 years
  1. once when resting a bottle of wine on passenger seat
  2. once on the motorway when someone removed seatbelt and then knelt on the seat - beeped like merry hell then and must admit I was very impressed (y)

Thats the good thing about 5 drs you dont have to slide the front seat back and forward to get into the back to get your leg over..aint Jon the lucky one.. :p

There seems to be a few dud ones around of late Jon passing as phase two cars ..and to stir correctly you need some of these..

studio-shot-young_~pl060101.jpg

The sticks lad not the totty..:bang:

Don't get oil level check on mine. Only on Diesel JTD's according to the handbook.

Aah right, i didnt realise that. The Mk2 Punto only had oil level check on the JTD aswell - wouldve thought it wouldve been more dependant on spec than engine - afterall, oil's pretty important regardless of fuel type!

Fiat made upgrades along the way Trev but on a par they are about the same..the last ones were a test platform for the new brava [wash me mouth out] and had the new connectors [air bags]and wiring up grades and body /grill/ and wheel up grades chucked at you in the package..

Is this the later Phase 2 (from 04 onwards) or the very last models with the new grill that youre referring to fella?

Ta (y)

So that 05 reg phase one I saw was probably one which had been sitting around out the back somewhere at a dealer ship waiting to get registered :confused:

If it had the old rear end on it, im thinkin it mustve been lurking in a compound for a while Jon. Just think, if it was a Ford, it wouldve been rotten before it even left the compound ;)

an astra or vectra :eek:

Youve gotta be having a laugh Josh? :eek:

First upgrade on the 5 drs Liam came in 04 with a reworked rear tailgate area ..and a fiat badge in the middle..fog lights were moved to the clusters and reversing lamps are not clear lenses as in the earlier models..over all quite pleasing to look at and a cleaner look for the car..:)
Photo0581noplate.jpg

Phase two bum..

DSCN1421.jpg

Phase one bum..

As time progressed fiat took away some of the standard equipment and toys as in the reversing sensors but quite often it relied on the level of trim the car was ordered

Last edited:
Aah yeah i thought that was the case. I have a Phase 2 model, but 3 door where the changes seem to be limited to the Fiat badge moving to the middle, new two tone leather (where applicable) and the dropping of the ASR button near the gear lever.

I just wondered if it was these phase two models that were the test platform for the new Bravo, or the ones that came even later, almost just before the Stilo was phased out in the UK?

Last edited:
haha we could have sold you ours too ;) :p

:bang::bang::bang::bang: :rolleyes: :p

I've now discovered some work that the dealership have got to do under the warrenty (sp?).

Condensation in one of the side repeaters, and also (don't ask how I've spotted/heard it, as people are taking the **** out of me for this one) is the drivers side headlamp suppost to make a constant weering noise when the headlights are on? Sounds like headlamp adjustment motor is constantly going :ROFLMAO:

Is that a repalcement headlamp unit if so? or just motor (assuming thats where the fault is).

Jon.

Back