General Thinking of buying a Stilo

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying a Stilo

Looks like someone will have to now change their user name from panda's to stilo's now..:p

Lol. The Stilo will still be out numbered :devil:

And make room on the car list under your username, is there room for another?:)

Yep will go on soon. Will also need to remove the Panda its replaced that I'm about to put on eBay.

Just driven it back and love it!

Bit busy at mo getting old car ready for sale, but will add Stilo pics and story etc later (y)

Here she be :D
Photo0585noplate.jpg

Still can't believe how many bits and bob's its got, although that's to be expected over a 1988 Panda :p

I've already pranged it though :bang: Reversed into my old Panda in the drive. Only nudged it, but, chipped the paint on the bumper :(
Photo0583.jpg

Parking sensors (was planning on adding some anyway) (HONEST :p), will these be adiquate of the Stilo or will the boot mounted number plate affect it :confused: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=260341951551

Random question. How many airbags were standard on the Stilo? I've got 6 (twin front, thorax and curatin) and was just wondering if that was standard or if it was just 2 or 4 normally.

I've popped my Sony HU in from the Panda and OMG the standard speaker are good! Don't think I'll be bothering with a sub :p

Just a few more pic's

Photo0584noplate.jpg

Photo0581noplate.jpg

Photo0580noplate.jpg

Photo0587.jpg

Photo0586noplate.jpg

Jon.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thats a lush colour (y) Cosmopolitan Blue? I was lookin for that colour when i bought mine but couldnt find one once id satisfied the rest of my wish list (3 door, JTD Dynamic, leather interior, Blade alloys, 1 owner) :eek:

Looks like it's been well cared for aswell - even the wheel trims are the right ones & look decent.

6 Airbags were standard on all Stilos i believe. Not sure if you could add rear lateral airbags as an option but ive never seen anything other than 6 fitted. It actually got 4 stars in the Ncap tests, though it wasn't shouted about much!

The speakers do rock on the Stilo i think. I thought my Mk2 Punto was decent (had the factory fit 6 speaker plus sub system fitted), but the Stilo manages even better without a sub. Ive not changed the head unit in mine as it had the CD fitted & was upgraded to MP3 compatible as an option from new, but i guess the Active AirCon mightve had a tape as standard?

Anyway, good luck with your Stilo, just remember - let it do its 'Checking' otherwise it may feel neglected & throw a hissy fit :p

Wow you two have gone and done it then..[Jon & Gaz] still say it and always will..

5Drs are cool..:slayer:

You can get the Stilo serviced on Fiat Care at some dealers, for cars over 3 years old, which is around £180 for the highest level service. They do Bronze, Silver & Gold. Gold appears very thorough to me & came out cheaper than the independant garages i phoned.

Nice looking car Jon (y)

As regards the servicing I just had Squirrile serviced on the Gold level, she even got hoovered :eek: - you cannot go wrong :D

If you need other bits it's worth trying to get them when you get it serviced, the servicing has an element of discount in it, and that could be extended for your other bits (y).

I'm now waiting to se how long it is before you start buying up Stilos for spares - ie when will they outnumber the Pandas ? :ROFLMAO:

Trev

Last edited:
the standard speakers on the stilo are awesome :)

i found that mine were a lot more high quality then those in my mum and dads s-class :D (not quite a match for there lexus now though :rolleyes:)

looks a good condition car (y)

welcome to the stilo club!!! :devil:

Looks like it's been well cared for aswell - even the wheel trims are the right ones & look decent.

Anyway, good luck with your Stilo, just remember - let it do its 'Checking' otherwise it may feel neglected & throw a hissy fit :p

Lol. I thought the wheel trims were a tad naff, but even they're growing on me :)

So when you say, let it do its checking, you mean let it complete it before I start the engine? I'll bear that in mind (y)

nice (y) i got a thing for the 5 doors :eek:

same colour as one I pick up on weds :D

Bloody hell. It the months for people buying Stilo's :p

https://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lounge/117898-whats-made-you-smile-today-1139.html?p=2066366 :ROFLMAO:

welcome to the stilo club!!! :devil:

Ta (y)

Does anyone know about the parking sensors I'd linked? I'm tempted to give them a try :confused:

Jon.

Lol. I thought the wheel trims were a tad naff, but even they're growing on me :)

So when you say, let it do its checking, you mean let it complete it before I start the engine? I'll bear that in mind (y)

Theryre not TOO bad as wheel trims go, better looking than the early Active trims that looked like giant frisbee's! At least they don't look curbed to hell like so many examples.

Yeah, turn the ignition on, it should come up 'Checking', 'Oil Lvl 000000' then go back to the date.

In my JTD the fuel pump stops priming shortly after & you hear a slight clunk as it stops, tho yours may be slightly different. Thats when i turn the key!

If all is hunky doory it should say 'Check Ok'. When the outside temp reaches 3.5 degrees or lower, you'll get a *ping* and itll say 'Danger of Ice' & similarly when the fuel level gets really low it'll go *ping* & 'Low Fuel Level' will be displayed twice on the display. If you start the car when its cold outside & its low on fuel, you'll get both the warnings after 'Check Ok' is displayed - i love it (y)

I dont like the rear light cluster on the 5 door stilos
Heres mine

I do, on the older ones though, not the circular stuff.

e.g. my rear lights

DSCN1421.jpg

oh. and the front lights, because i cant help but waste peoples screen space with it :cool:

DSCN1426.jpg

Back