General Thinking of buying a Stilo

Currently reading:
General Thinking of buying a Stilo

Hiya all. I'm after a bit of help.

My Panda is on it's way out, and although I've already got a few others I could use, I've seen a nice 2004 '04' Stilo Active Aircon in the used cars section at my local Vauxhall dealership.

It's got 47k on the clock, and is average condition (little knock here and there). I'm test driving it tomorrow morning but want to know what owners of this spec think of it, and if they have any glitches I should check.

Also what price would you have said its worth? Parkers say franchised dealer should be £2815 (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=27037&plate=75) but they've got it up for £3500 :eek:

Many thanks.

Jon.

At that mileage you should be thinking of upcoming expenses. Cam belt change,rear brakes, has it had new front springs yet etc. Asking price seems a bit on the high side - they will be desperate to shift it so if you make them an offer? We paid for our 54 1.4 active aircon with 17k on the clock £5400 3 years ago, so on that basis I think your boys are asking too much. Ours turned out to be a great buy and we are very pleased with it still.

Hiya all. I'm after a bit of help.

My Panda is on it's way out, and although I've already got a few others I could use, I've seen a nice 2004 '04' Stilo Active Aircon in the used cars section at my local Vauxhall dealership.

It's got 47k on the clock, and is average condition (little knock here and there). I'm test driving it tomorrow morning but want to know what owners of this spec think of it, and if they have any glitches I should check.

Also what price would you have said its worth? Parkers say franchised dealer should be £2815 (http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/Valuation.aspx?deriv=27037&plate=75) but they've got it up for £3500 :eek:

Many thanks.

Jon.

This of any interest ? https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=13944

Might be too far from you but just to compare.

Thanks for all the replys guys.

I'd come up in my mind of an offer of £2600-£2800 with a years tax (it's got none at the mo and will cost £150), years MOT, re-charge of the aircon (dosen't seem as effective as it could be) and a full tank of fuel. Also want to ad another month to the 3 month warrentty (sp?) to make it 4 months.

Thanks 850kd for the heads up on the belt and the rear brakes. (y) Will use that for haggling. What prices would I be looking at roughly for those jobs? (what is the year/mileage of belt needing doing?)

Also, a random q, what size are the petrol tanks?

Jon.

if the aircon gas is gone, then you need to find the leak an fix it, not just refill it

It's not gone, it works, but aircon looses effency over time and needs refilling every other year or so dosen't it :confused:

I sat in the car, ran fan with cold air and no aircon, and then switched aircon on and you could notice the difference so it's working, but just not as well as I think it should be.

5min a week I was told. That often enough or need to be for longer/more often :confused:
Mine is still good after 6.5 years and I often go for a month without running it so it can't be that critical.

Stilo Air Con units generally either work or they don't - you more than likely have a partly blocked pollen filter.

petrol tanks are about 58 litres IIRC

you havent said which engine you looking at

Is a 1.4 (active aircon).

Had test drive this morning, and like alot, and have decided to put my money where my mouth is.

£3200 I'm paying, with fresh MOT, Full service (I have mentioned that I will check that it's done!), 6 months tax, full vallet, 3 months warretie (sp?), and there was something else, but can't remember what :p

Boot lights. Wasn't working, and they're due to check, it likly to be a blown bulb or is it likly to be more?

Collecting it on Friday :)

Boot lights. Wasn't working, and they're due to check, it likly to be a blown bulb or is it likly to be more?

Collecting it on Friday :)

If it's like the new Pandas it's possibly not fitted !!!!

Also if it's like the new Panda it could be replaced with this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1156-White-36-LED-Circuit-Board-RV-Camper-Boat-Bulb-12V_W0QQitemZ400047502380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item400047502380&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A200

Trev

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Don't forget to check number of owners and take a look at the service book.

It's always worth paying a bit more more for one owner cars with full service history. (y)

Start it several times and watch the display panel for errors (best with a passenger so the seat sensor gets checked too)

Don't forget to check number of owners and take a look at the service book.

It's always worth paying a bit more more for one owner cars with full service history. (y)

Start it several times and watch the display panel for errors (best with a passenger so the seat sensor gets checked too)

Got one previous owner. So thats a good point. All the things on the trip computer seem to have not been re-set for over 2.5k miles, and is averaging 48 MPG :eek: :)

Back