Things might be a bit wonky today...!

This what you had in mind eramosa :confused:
2Q==

Attachments

• never.JPG
    never.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
I'm having problems with some threads / posts on my Desktop (Yes it's Win XP but so what...), some threads (including this one) have some posts that are completely blank (not just missing photos), and also some text runs really wide instead of wrapping around.

This seems to be when viewing with Chrome (which won't update on XP any more)... it is fine when using Firefox. :confused:

Seems like a weird bug, hopefully fixable. If the Forum promotes the use and maintenance of old Fiats, then older PCs should be equally acceptable. I don't want to be told "modernise and move on" ! :)

I'm having problems with some threads / posts on my Desktop (Yes it's Win XP but so what...), some threads (including this one) have some posts that are completely blank (not just missing photos), and also some text runs really wide instead of wrapping around.

This seems to be when viewing with Chrome (which won't update on XP any more)... it is fine when using Firefox. :confused:

Seems like a weird bug, hopefully fixable. If the Forum promotes the use and maintenance of old Fiats, then older PCs should be equally acceptable. I don't want to be told "modernise and move on" ! :)
Omg! Sorry bud XP is terrible, been an I.T engineer - get rid now before you get bitten, your operating system is hugley flawed and full of security holes.

Problem seems to be google Chrome, not the OS.

I'm more concerned about my browser being infested and overrun with adverts and other Google-enabled crap than malware from Russian trolls and other internet undesirables.

I do have a Windows 7 PC but haven't fully migrated yet. I find even basic Internet browsing is ridiculously hardware / memory / bandwidth intensive these days, the experience is more and more frustrating.

I fail to see the latest "developments" being actually progress (like car designs I might add..)

Is it a one off occurrence that resolves if you refresh the page (I'm wondering if a a script or something isn't loading correctly)

And to top it off... your probably running 32bit windows xp... and google chrome uses multiple processes and can easiy outload a 4gb 32bit machine with any windows os

My point exactly.. why the hell should Chrome hog so many resources if it's not buggering atround doing a load of crap that is of no use or interest to me?

Giving me a richer browsing experience? By hogging all the resources of an otherwise very capable computer? I think not...

Anyway, here's a screenshot of a forum page with missing content... I restarted Chrome and it seemed better but I found this one to be going on with...

Hopefully this helps a bit.

As (another) IT Engineer I also have to advise, get rid of Windows XP, it is horrendously insecure.

To be fair though, I have had this where the bottom of a page just doesn't load. (chrome on W10 v1709). Refresh and it works again

Back