These cheap new broadband deals

Currently reading:
These cheap new broadband deals

Well, two years after they rolled out higher broadband speeds to the entire of the rest of the UK, Pipex have got utterly confused and I think completely forgotten about me and following more emails, have decided to leave me on 512mb for eternity (I doubt the customer services rep. who is currently replying to my emails was there two years ago so probably doesn't have a clue what I'm on about with 'speed upgrades').

So I'm leaving, before I end up going to their offices and firebombing them. There seem to be a lot of cheap deals out there, combined with your home phone line etc. but I know a lot of them have problems with speeds, customer services, dropping out etc.

Who do I go for? :confused:

well there is loads,not really looked as im on cable.
orange keep emailing me about free BB with mobile contracts.
been reading some probs with talk talk who have been bought by AOL.
shop around maybe try the no contract/1 month trial ones to see how they perform in the sticks ;)

i'm thinking of going with sky, i'm with NTL at the moment but it seems quite expensive compared to some of the deals out there at the moment.

faster4_tec said:
so thats what you were up to helz!

instead of coming to a good meet (pretty good food, although timing of it was decidedly russian:D ) you spent the afternoon on the internet looking at broadband
It saves on 8 hours of driving on my only day off. Had I been on a long weekend, prospects might have been better. Did you all have a fab time?

AOL, have they solved whatever problem it was that stopped them talking to half of the routers out there? And do they now just give you a username and password which means you don't have to install any software whatsoever onto your PC?

I forgot to mention, those are quite important things to me for any ISP :eek: As is unlimited monthly downloads....and I'm sure I'll think of other things as I go on.

we gave up with the standard bt explorer adsl box, total rubbish, kept crashing regulary and wouldn't let us back on for 24hours.

eventually bought a cheap (US Rob...) wireless router kit for £40 and never looked back, not had one single problem in two months of it being fitted now.

I already have a wireless network at home so require no kit. I have heard of issues with a number of routers with AOL, will research further. Point is, I'm not going to go with an ISP who can't be bothered sorting problems out. That's why I'm leaving Pipex ;)

Back