Technical Suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Suspension

Cool! she looks nice, Good luck should you take her home.

I,m well happy with Tia, she is really good with an excellent temperament.

We didnt have any luck There has been a lot of interest and we need them to keep her in the kennels for another four weeks ( which we would have paid for) But they dont have enough room so the first sutible family will get her:cry:. Still we are on a home visit from the akita rescue people so we will get one in June:D Yours is sooo cute kc3 but we both work and couldnt look after a puppy.

remember that cats learn to operate a doorhandle just by looking at you opening and closing a door.... And have less scrupules about biting the hand that feeds...
wait till they work out the link between currypowder and man with red B :D

If they can figure out how to open the door of the b I will put the bloody thing on stage!

Hey I stood and watched for a laugh the guy at the repair center try for a couple of minutes to work out how to open the door. Obviously I was pretending to talk to the missus once he figured it out he got in the wrong side. That never fails to amuse me lol. So yeah if the cat works it out I will pay to see that one(y)

Went to Hi-Q to have a couple of P6000's fitted allong with the new alloys, bloke took the keys out to the car and started putting a cover on the passenger seat, I was going to say then thought....wait n see how long it takes him to figure out...

Well he was very precise in his work and carefully put the cover over the seat tucking it in at the sides made sure his hands were clean before touching the steering wheel, took him a few minutes to do all this meantime I was quietly telling his colleagues, finally he got in and by this time there was a crowd of his mates all watching, he still never noticed as he adjusted the seat so he could reach the pedals when all of a sudden you saw the look in his face wondering, where are the pedals? then where's the steering wheel? then the oh! f**k realising. When he got out we were all pissing ourselves....

Fitted the full works, System 2 sports sprint springs and shocks late last year and what a difference it makes, although as has been stated before occasionally get an awful knock from the rear when heavy braking over bumps, that said have not yet re bushed the rear. Any other suggestions?
Found this lot to be a good price if your working to a tight budget and cannot afford the Koni's of this world.

Sorry for the late reply but I've been busy trying to get her through the control technique (MOT).

I fitted Eibach and Bilstein B6 sports together. I've got 16" wheels and 205 tyres of the correct thickness to keep the overall size the same as standard.

I actually found that I've got a better ride quality than standard as long as I don't hit really big holes. My Mrs has back problems and even she was pleased with the results!

Cornering, braking and acceleration all improved. In fact I haven't got ABS and pushing the brake as hard as I can at 30mph doesn't induce a skid now. I imagine that's down to better weight transfer (the car does actually stop quite well it's not that I've broken the brakes :) )

Obviously I can't adjust the ride height, but to e honest I don't feel I want to.

I can't really compare this to a Koni set-up as I've never driven one, all I can say is tat I'm happy with what I've got!

Thanks to Doc's guide, I also found doing the job yourself is quite easy, as long as you can get the bolts out!!!! Just make sure you've got spring clamps, otherwise you should kiss your loved ones good bye before you start :)

I did mine in September/October last year, but your guide gives a helpful amount of detail. What took time for me was working out how to use the spring clamps as at first they didn't seem to be doing anything and as you say in your guide you need to "screw" the rears out.

The one thing I regret is that I didn't do a test with the original shocks before I upgraded as now I don't know how much difference each part made.

On the other hand I'm very pleased with the end result!

After having a ride in Doc's B the other day, I was supprised how well she handles around bends , the B felt tought and smooth without any roll but i did feel the ride was a little to hard and bumpy for my likeing. Doc has it set this way but if i could achieve the same anti roll with a slightly softer ride that would be great.

I have eibach 30mm lower springs with the standard shocks and as most know this is reasonably a nice setup.

Think i would consider trying the bilstein sport kit, this gives a 35mm lower drop and a 25% harder set up than standard. combined with an ARB kit.

Back