Technical Front end suspension

Currently reading:
Technical Front end suspension

I have a 2001 b with 100k (kilometers) on the clock. Beautiful little car. Someone has taken good care of it all these years ;)
Here's the problem: Accelerating hard into a long right-hand curve ( think highway entrance ) there is a slight chunking from what I think is the front left. The car becomes dangerously unstable and the rear-end starts to skip.
I have had the car up on a bridge twice. Replaced all 4 ARB bushes. The sewing arms left and right look like they have been replaced. New socks on the drive shafts. To my eye, the shafts are too pretty and clean to be original. The steering rods also look recent. No leaks on the front shocks and they react as expected under pressure. The left rear shock was dead, so I have replaced both.

Which leads me to think that it might be the rear swing arm bearings. These do not look as if they have every been touched. Or it could be a frozen front wheel-bearing?

I have had the car for 6 weeks and 500 km. Included brand new tires and APK (MOT) until June. Original hard-top and not a speck of rust. So, as I said, someone has taken good care of it.

I had this same problem with 2 Volvo 480's (also front-wheel drive, transverse engine). These problems were solved by replacing the fuceekogel (ball joints ). The b does not have these. They are integrated in the front swing-arm (wishbone).

Since the tires are new, I can see no wear. I can put chalk on them to test.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? Or have any reasonable idea? I could also just not go into the curve at 110 kph, but what fun is that ;)?

Any help would be appreciated.
grtz
ER

Back