Technical subwoofer problems

Currently reading:
Technical subwoofer problems

ricky2k7

I just got an alpine amp with 700w maximum power which is running my sub and I got also another one with 450w running the speakers on my car.the problem is my sub's not working,will it be the sub that blew up?because all the wires are plugged in proper so I really dont know what migt be the cause... :(

You should have probably put this in ICE.

AFAIK if you pop a sub you still get sound.. but just like it's blowing a raspberry. I think you've more likely blown your amp.. but I could be wrong.

make sure the wiring is correct on the amp (do u have any lights on the amp to show there power?) i had this problem , make sure ur fuse in the main power lead is okay (located under the engine) even if it looks fine have sum-1 u kno whos a sparky to test it , also make sure ur ground cable is connected to the chassis propely, even putting it on a part of the chassis thas painted could effect it...

let me know after this?

also if say your amp is lighting up but your gettin no sound take the sub out the box and check that the wires are still connected to the sub, i made this mistake this week hehe

Back