Technical Struggling with my grande punto

Currently reading:
Technical Struggling with my grande punto

Stubbymite

Hey guys and girls I really am struggling with my gp at the minute. It keeps having intermittent faults flash up I will start up the car and the power steering light will come on and then accompanied by heavy steering, the light then goes out and steering back to normal. This problem kinda allays itself after a few mins driving or on and off with the ignition. But it's the other lights that are getting at me and puzzling me all other lights like check engine abs airbag etc.

I have recently changed the alternator and the coil pack and the battery is fine (changed) but there is also the fact the battery is overcharging. Not sure if its just loose wiring that makes all the lights come on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You have checked/changed the most obvious things so that's a good start. I have heard of several cases of electrical nonsense brought on by loose or failed earthing straps. I believe there is one from the gearbox to the chassis which plays up in particular. You could use a jump lead as a temporary earth just to see if it is the problem.

I bet it's the alternator, if its not a genuine fiat one you'll have no end of trouble like overcharging,

There's a few threads on here about if you care to do a little search, steer clear of aftermarket crap alternators. Shop4parts I'm sure will stick them and you get discount if you are a paid up member on here

i am looking at getting it plugged in the next few weeks.

I have been told the earth before but the negative battery gives off a spark so puzzled by that one.

I will see what happens when i get this plugged in anyway.

Thanks for the help anyway much appreciated.:)

P.S great forum and found solutions for a few of my problems :D

Back