Stop start problem

Currently reading:
Stop start problem

waynem

Hello all. I have a 10 plate 1.2 petrol , I have stop start unavailable coming up, I have had a brand new battery put on, I have changed the ibs from a car I know that is working well on, after about two miles of driving the stop start warning lights come on and unavailable on the dash, I’ve ruled out the battery and ibs sensor so I’m stumped as what it can be. I’m also getting a permanent fault reading B1047, it will not clear, the ibs fault code comes up but that does clear. Any ideas guys ?

Yes I did read that. I’ve checked fuse 87 and it was fine , so still stumped. It can’t be the ibs sensor or battery as they came off my daughters car here and they were working perfectly on hers , but not her sisters ?

Update on tbh is. I’ve still not sorted the problem but I’ve noticed that if stall the car the stop start kicks in and starts in again. So what can this be , it’s not the battery , ibs so sensor or earth strap. Could it possibly be the brake light switch. It’s
Driving me nuts now

Can’t help your issue, but will say stop/start is the absolute worst thing to ever put on cars. I know they need to meet fuel/pollution standards and it’s not their problem out of warranty, but 80% of All engine wear happens during start!

ive noticed today that when i start the car and just leave it running, after 5 minutes the stop start light will come, i did this 4 or 5 times, and every time the light came on after 5 minutes, not even driving the car, is there anyone out there that could help me,

Back